A Chance

You were standing by the big window and looking at the hokage rock. Never thought that you'd be one of them. You have never imagined that you'd become a hokage. You were only 18. The youngest hokage. People said that you have saved them from a big disaster with your massive power but you don't remember the details how you did that. Everyone was terrified and thrilled at the same time. You had the power to control a whole nation. Your touch could destroy eveyething,also you could control things using your mind.

A simple knock at the door drived you away from your thoughts. "Come in" upon your saying the door opened there standing the person you were waiting for. Itachi Uchiha. The infamous guy about whom you have heard a lot.You told the other person to leave. "It's finally nice to meet you Mr.Uchiha. please take a seat" you have gestured him. He took the seat. He was surprised when he was called by the new hokage.He has heard about you. He was thinking about a lot of things and nothing at the same time. Why would the hokage call him and ask him to meet him? Now that he has seen you,you are too young to be a hokage. A little girl. He was curious. He wanted to know eveyething but he has maintained his posture.You have made sure to bring him here discreetly.

"Apologies but may I ask why I have been called here? I'm sure you know that I'm in the Akatsuki". He said." I was getting into that Mr.Uchiha. I know everything. Eveyething about you and I have made sure that none knows that you are here. you said and Itachi's eyes widen a bit. Why do you mean by eveyething? "I know you have a lot of questions in your mind right now. But I will just get into the first thing about which I have asked for you. You can't fight your brother. Tell him the truth. I have also arranged a great physician for your illness. He will give you the treatment you need and lastly join me as my personal secretary. Don't worry about the village I will handle that". He almost couldn't process what you were saying. Were you being serious? "I'm sorry but have you gone crazy? Do you even know what you are saying and most importantly how do you know about me and my illness?" Itachi got furious.The calm composed man got angry. You exhaled. "Please calm down. I did not mean to scare you or pry into your personal matters but I can't deal with this injustice you're going through Mr.Uchiha. I'm the new hokage and I won't tolerate any injustice. You have saved the village and being casted by a villain without any kind of explaination. And I won't let that happen. I want the entire village to know what you did and why you did-" he cuts you off by getting off the chair. He took a deep breath. "If you're done. Then I will take my leave. I have important works to do". He said and was walking away."How long? How long would you live like a traitor? A villain?" You said almost being angry at him. He stopped in his tracks. He clenched his fists and took another deep breath. "I'm sorry but that's none of your business". He said calmly. "It is my business. Since I'm in charge,I won't let you die in vain. I hope you will think it through Mr.Itachi Uchiha". His heart started to beat faster than before when you have said his full name. How can a young girl like you could be so powerful and unfazed by a monster like him? He didn't turn around and just left.

You sighed and sat down. You drank some water and took some deep breaths. You didn't know that you could do this without breaking down Infront of him. He doesn't remember you after all. (He once saved you when he was in anbu)

Few weeks have gone by and you haven't heard from him. You have sent down your men to check on him if he was still alive or not and he was barely. His illness was getting the best of him and you couldn't take it anymore. You called for him again.

He's here. "I know you have been sending your men. Why were you spying on me?" He directly asked you without any formalities. " Hello to you too. I thought you wouldn't show up.Well I haven't heard from you in weeks so I thought you might have died" you said. "Why do you care so much? And how do you know about my past? Why do you want to give me a chance? Do you know I have done?"He asked. "I have my ways. And I have my reasons to care." You paused. "And I'm fully aware what you have done. That's why I want to give you a chance. So take it". You said almost pleading inside. "Why? Why do you want me to work for you? Why would you want me to live?" He asked being unable to keep this questions inside of him. He was afraid. He was feeling vulnerable. He was feeling strange in your presence. "You have too many questions. But I will answer them first let me hear your decision about working as my secretary". You said. "I want the answers first" he demanded. "Damn you Uchiha's are so stubborn and demanding aren't you? If you want me to say it out loud,then so be it. I like you Itachi Uchiha" there you have said it.

Itachi was shocked. "What? What do you mean?" He asked."You have heard the first time. You may not remember me but I have known you for a long time and I have liked you ever since. I may sound weird and crazy right now but that's truth and that's why I want to save you and give a second chance in life. So please. Please don't turn me down" You almost whispered the last words. You were holding back your tears.

Itachi didn't know what to say. He was almost out of words. For the first time in his life he was feeling so sacred. What do you mean that you like him? And you want to save him?. It was too much for him. Even tho he was thinking about your offer for sometime now. He was amazed by your courage,your boldness. He was amazed by you. He was impressed about how strong you were and how you were willing to take any risk for him.

"I will take your offer. But I'm not sure if I will be able to return your feelings back" he said. Your eyes lit up. "Really? You are taking the offer. Oh my God. I thought you'd decline my offer and I don't mind if you won't like me back that's for the later but I'm glad that you have agreed." Out of excitement you have hugged him. He was frozen in his spot. He couldn't move. Why are you like this? So fearless? But he could almost feel your warmth. It's been so long since he was touched by someone.

You broke the hug. Clearing your throat "I'm sorry. About everything I will take care of those Akatsuki,the village,the truth,your brother eveyething. You don't have to worry and you may start working from anytime you want to. And take this" You have handed him some keys. He got confused."This is for your new place. My men will show you the way" you said smiling at him.

Why would you go to this length for someone like him? Why would you take away all of his burdens? He didn't know if he was being stupid or making the right decision. Was he supposed to be greateful for having a second chance in life?!?

Hey guys! I know I haven't been active lately. But here you go. Hope you guys liked it😊
Need a part 2?!?