Mark

The serene atmosphere in the cave shattered as a black shadow lunged at Allmer, sinking its teeth into his chest, blood flowing. Panic surged through me, and instinct took over as I recognized the shape – it was Ace. "Ace! Let him go! He saved me!" I shouted desperately, my voice echoing through the cave.

Allmer seemed entirely unbothered by the intrusion. In a swift motion, Allmer swiped a hand over Ace, sending him tumbling to the side. Ace transformed into his human form. He growled, his eyes narrowing at Allmer. "Feral," Ace spat out, clearly not pleased. But I couldn't let him misunderstand.

"No, wait! Ace, he saved me! He was just about to take me to the city gate. He even gave me an emerald to fix my injuries," I quickly explained, my eyes darting between the two.

Allmer, throughout this confrontation, appeared entirely uninterested, his posture displaying boredom. Ace seemed to register my words but remained wary. "If that's the case, I'm grateful, but let's go now" Ace conceded. He signaled for me to come outside and return. I didn't appreciate Ace's hostile demeanor and felt the need to address it. "You go outside; I'll be there in a minute," I said firmly.

Reluctantly, Ace complied, throwing one last suspicious glance at Allmer. As Ace left, I looked at Allmer, who remained calm.

I stood up, a bit limping, and faced him. "Thank you, Allmer. I'm so grateful for all you have done and really sorry for what Ace did." I looked at his bloodied chest. " If you ever feel bored and want to hear me talk, you can come to me anytime." I said with a small smile.

" I appreciate the offer, though I really hope you'll do a little bit of thinking now and take someone as your mate who'll protect you, cause you do seem to love getting into life threating situations" he replied in his smooth, sultry voice.

As I began to head out of the cave, ready to return to the city and heed to Allmer's advice, the ground beneath me shifted. I slipped due to my aching legs full of wounds, about to fall face-first. Ahhh. My heart raced until I felt Allmer catch my tumble just barely. He was in his human form and my hand collided with his bloody injury where Ace had bit him. I winced, my hand injury started bleeding again.

"I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, still partly sprawled on Allmer, who just sighed, his gaze focused on my left side of the neck. "Great," he muttered, seemingly resigned to the situation. I struggled to understand what was going on. Instead of getting up, Allmer just lay there, putting his arm on his forehead as if tired.

Ace rushed back into the cave after hearing the noise, concerned. "What happened?" he demanded. But he too turned quite after seeing this scene and now just stared at my neck.

**I didn't read the original work completely so there will be amny changes. One of that is how Ferals marked females. The story here will indicate that aside from mating, females can get a mark if the blood is mixed, or exchanged. Like what just happened right now.