Where It Begins.

After the news broke out that Daniel was leaving McLaren, Lando wasn't acting the same. He rarely interacted with people during the break between seasons and his friends grew worried. Carlos especially. Lando heard his phone vibrate on his bedside table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Smooth Operator : Hey, Lando! Just wanted to check in on you!

> Lan xx : Oh, hey Carlos. I'm doing fine, haven't been feeling fab after it was put out that Danny was leaving McLaren

> Smooth Operator : I get that, but I guess it's reasonable since you pair are SUPER close. Just like how me and you are.

> Lan xx : It's a proper shame. Hopefully I grow a connection to my new teammate, whomever they may be.

> Lan xx : Anyways, night, mate.

> Smooth Operator : Right, night, Lando...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"God, gotta love Carlos sometimes..." Lando muttered to himself, placing his phone back on his bedside table. He'd fall asleep, expecting nothing from tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lando woke up. His phone buzzed at just the right time. He reads the notification.

"Oscar Piastri to McLaren in the 2023- wait- isn't he that young Aussie who's an Alpine reserve driver?"

He sat up, surprised at the news. He taps the notification to see more details. It took a while to load, obviously his phone was blowing up because of the amount of DMs he was getting from the whole world about his new teammate. They acted like Lando himself didn't get the notification, but he sure as hell did.

- Author's Note: Super excited about this since it's my first story, hope you're all going to enjoy it!