Saudi Race Day.

It was lights out. The cars set off at blazing speeds. Lando got the overtake on his ex-teammate, Carlos Sainz, on the first corner. P16 for him. Lando was trailing behind Yuki Tsunoda, earning the overtake on them, too. P15. Oscar slithered through a trail of blue. P10. Oscar was pushed wide by Esteban Ocon. He sighed. P12. Lando got himself into a three-way catastrophe and was sent offtrack and barrelling into a wall. That was his race over.

"For fuck sake!" He yelled as he rose through his car's halo.

"Is Lando okay?" Oscar asked through his radio.

"He's fine, focus on what you're doing."

Yellow flag. A safety car had been deployed and racing had been paused. The cars scampered around the track for a couple laps. Oscar took this opportunity to pit. He had a fresh set of tyres put on. The safety car pulled into the pits and racing resumed. Oscar was in P5 and continuing to lurk behind Lewis Hamilton. Until he got the overtake. Oscar pelted off. P4. Oscar had a P3 in the bag. He luckily overtook Charles Leclerc with DRS and secured P3 for McLaren! He held that place until the chequered flag. P3 for Oscar!

Oscar pulled into the pits and parked his racecar. He noticed Lando, rather upset, in his garage. Oscar ran to him.

"What's wrong? Talk to me, Lan!"

"I failed." Lando said, straightforward.

"No, you didn't. That's not true!"

"I crashed. I wasn't careful with what I was doing!"

"You were being as careful as possible!"

"Not careful enough." Lando turned around and walked away.

Oscar walked to the cooldown room. Max and Checo were in there with him. Max turned to look at Oscar.

"Oscar, what's up with you?" Max asked.

"Lando thinks he failed because he messed up. He turned around and walked away from me." Oscar looked at the ground. "He thinks he's not good enough."

"That isn't true. He is good enough. He's one of the best young drivers on the grid!" Checo chipped in.

The three of them left the cooldown room together and stood upon their podiums. They celebrated, and Oscar quickly left, running to the McLaren garage.

"Where's Lando?" Oscar was worried.

"In his Driver Room."

"Thanks." He ran to Lando's Driver Room and knocked on the door.

"Come in." Lando murmured.

Oscar ran up to Lando and hugged him tight.

"You are good enough, Lan."

Lando looked at Oscar for a moment, before pulling him in for a kiss. It was long, full of love. It startled Oscar, but he gave in, closing his eyes and softening his body language. They clutched each other tighter, a gentle, trembling breath escaping Oscar's lungs. Oscar took in every moment, clutching Lando tighter and tighter. The pair let go of each other after a while.

"I fucking love you to bits, Lan."

"You too, Bunny." Lando kissed Oscar again, it lasted a couple seconds, but not as long as the kiss they shared just before.

Lando looked Oscar in the eye. Oscar's gaze was full of love. A strong love. Whatever the pair had, it could escalate. Lando wanted to ask Oscar out, he just didn't know if Oscar was actually ready for a relationship, and especially one with his teammate. Wouldn't it be awkward? Lando shook it off.

But what if Oscar does like him back?

~~{⚠️TIMESKIP INCOMING⚠️}~~