4

I thought about Jaemin all night. His words just echoed in my head. I couldn't sleep whatsoever. I stayed up until sunrise.

I wanted to believe that he was jealous, but reality clocked in and life was not a drama. He clearly pays no attention to me, unless it's involving Jia, that's his weak spot. His feelings for her have always bothered me. He was such a kind soul, unfortunately, he just had to fall in love with the complete opposite of himself.

Occasionally, he would talk to me, it was always just small talk though. It was as if he was trying to please the family members of his crush. I wanted to leave Jaemin out of this though. He's irrelevant to my revenge, he should stay that way. He's my biggest weakness, once he gets involved, it's over. My feelings would get the best of me, no doubt.

I received a text from Wooseok.

"Move into my house on Monday." It read. We agreed to live together, it would be suspicious if we don't. A married couple but living separately? A whole article can be generated from that.

Someone knocks on my door, it appeared to be my mother. She seemed to be in distress. Her daughter probably threw a whole tantrum.

She started by sweet talking me. "Honey..I started to think, and I don't think you're ready for marriage yet. My heart breaks at the thought of you getting married. Plus, you probably don't like the idea of this marriage, right?" She said. For a second, she almost sounded genuine.

I laugh to myself. "Mother, I'm actually looking forward to such a marriage. Such a fine man, how could I let him slip when he's right at the tip of my fingers?" I say, clearly amused by her sweet tone.

Her face changed immediately. "You shouldn't marry him. I'm afraid people will talk while you two are married. I think your sister is a better option for him. It seems your sister is interested in him more than you would be..wouldn't that be better?"

"Mother, are you saying such a man is too good for me? You weren't like this when you thought he was an old man. Now that you realize he's perfect for your precious daughter, you want to take it back? Tell Jia, that from now on, she won't be taking any of my things. From now on, if she has a problem, say it to my face." I say.

She slaps me hard across my face. I laugh, maniacly. I return the slap, something I never would've dared to do in my whole life. It was satisfying.

She looked at me in disbelief, in anger. What could she do now?

"Mother, you shouldn't do that. Once I move into my husband's house, I wouldn't want a huge slap mark across my face.." My face turns from sad to amused.

She leaves. I knew for sure, she wouldn't give up. Her daughter is her whole life. If she doesn't get what she wants, she'll do something unpredictable, just to get it.

I hated her to the core, I couldn't stand her or her daughter living in happiness. I told Wooseok to pick me up, I was finished packing. There wasn't much to pack, just a few items and clothes.

Wooseok arrived and rung the doorbell. My father's secretary opened the door for him. My family, wondering who it was, walked out of their rooms. They were obviously surprised. I forgot to tell the rest of the family about me moving out. Oh well.

"Oh Wooseok..! What are you doing here?" My father asked, following with some confused expressions.

"Didn't she tell you? I'm picking her up, she's going to be moving in with me." He said.

"M-moving in?!" My father said.

~I apologize for any grammatical mistakes.