5

"Well..I guess it's for the better. You guys probably need to get comfortable with each other." My father is overjoyed, seeing Byeon Woo Seok get along with me. As long as he's satisfied, my father can feel at ease.

I walk out, hearing Wooseok's voice in the living room. My sister went out at the same time. Noticing her, I ran over to Wooseok, giving him a warm hug. I made sure to let the whole family see how much I adore my fiance.

Wooseok put his arm around my waist, holding me. He smiled, giving me an amusing look.

"Can we go now?" I asked him.

"Aren't you going to say goodbye to your family..?" He responded.

"Oh right." I turned around and gave my family a 90° bow. I gave them a mere look of 'this is the last bit of respect you're ever gonna get.' Their faces were hilarious.

My ignorant father didn't realize how tense the air was. He was smiling happily, happy to have such a reliable son-in-law. He was reliable indeed.

We walked out together, he was helping me with my suitcase. He didn't like me, I didn't like him, but he was respectful and polite.

After getting into his car, his whole facial expression changed. He stared at me, his eyes felt like a knife, they were sharp, and could kill.

"I'm going to be out quite a lot, especially at night, so don't worry about having me in the house, disturbing you." He said, coldly.

He noticed the red slap mark on my face and his hand was brought to my swollen cheekbone. I don't know, but that made me blush. It was so sudden.

He handed me ointment from the compartment in his car. I thanked him but he didn't say a word. He continued to drive.

When we arrived at his house, I gasped. His house was huge, it was basically a modern castle. I've always lived in a large house myself, because of my father's wealth, but this was on another level. It was almost three times the size of my house.

"..damn." I accidentally let out. He smirked at me.

We walk in. "This is your room." He points over to a bedroom, as large as my living room.

I nod, as I begin unpacking. My clothes weren't enough to even fill one of the drawers in the humongous closet.

Wooseok seemed to have left, it was still so early in the morning. I was alone in that huge house, at one point, I got lost and had to call Wooseok.

Luckily, he had a map of his home, just in case something like this would ever happen, ironic huh? It took me around fifteen minutes trying to go back to my bedroom. I let out a sight of relief, falling flat on my large bed.

It felt lonely. Nobody but some servants and bodyguards were in the house. Even so, any place is better than that hell that I used to live in. At least there's nobody to look down on me, back in that household, even the maids were in a higher position than me.

Something so simple, like respect, is unusual to me. Things that are considered basic humanity, are unusual.

It was late at night and Wooseok hasn't come home yet. I couldn't sleep whatsoever because of the new environment. Don't get me wrong, the bed was extremely comfortable for sure, but because the place was strange to me, I couldn't adapt to it so soon.