Arc 2 chapter 3: teach and be taught

As some sort of Déjà vu, everyone is dining in a different much more wealthy looking room.

"There is one more major reason why, I must be present during the chores. I saved this one for last." Subaru smirks.

Everyone listened intently.

"While providing the battle maids with personal lessons is beneficial all around, pause for dramatic effect:"

"Barusu, get on with it already."

"I can't believe you just call me that, right as I was going to reveal that this specifically benefits you."

Roswaal's eye narrow.
"Suuubaru-kuuun what is that thing that would benefit my maid, I'm dyiiiing to know."

"It is a gamble. And I don't know if the power from my world is compatible but there might be a way to repair the damage dealt to her forehead formation."

"Gaaaaaamble you say, are you saying my maids liiiife could be in danger after such proooocedure."

"The reason why it is a gamble is because it is hard to obtain. But I can't be entirely sure it won't be harmful either. So please, give me the basic run down, and please don't be all mysterious and overusing rhetorical questions."

Roswaal unexpectedly talks normally:
"Ram and Rem are twins born of a demon race that was massacred 6 years ago, by a witch cult. These two are the only survivors."

Subaru clenched his fist: "do you know the motives why would they commit such atrocities?"

"Witch cultists are religious fanatics who follow serve the witch of envy. They can't be reasoned with and have plagued this world for hundreds of years. Committing atrocities for goals unbeknownst to any sane person." Roswaal continued.

"Good, I was starting to worry there wouldn't be an enemy to eradicate in this world."

Roswaal drops the serious tone:
"You seeeeeem so sure of your capabilities Suuubaru-kuuun."

"Of course, once I obtain the true extent of curse energy control, nothing short of sword saint will be able to stop me. Please continue with Ram's story."

A glint in Roswaal's eyes appeared. He was both taken aback by crushing fear and ready to gamble for a big reward:

"Before I managed to rescue Ram and Rem from witch cultists clutches, Ram's horn was cut off, by a blade. Demon's horn is quite important you see. It acts as a magical gate and it absorbs mana from the atmosphere. Once it manifests it boosts users physically and magical capabilities as well as their senses, but at a cost of lesser rational thought. Once demons both horns are cut off they won't be able to absorb mana and they will die."

"I see, and since Ram, and Rem are twins, much like me and onii-sama they share one each, instead of being complete."

"But Subaru, you have both six eyes." Emilia chimed in.

"I thought about it, and it theorised it might be due to three factors:
1. My onii-sama's... demise.
2. My normal eye was stabbed before coming here.
3. As I was being brought here my body was repaired and when it got to healing my normal eye it corrected the defect and allowed me to experience the full benefits of my lineage."

"In other words, for gaining power, you had to go through so much..." Emilia was saddened.

"It would seem so, yeah. But it is sort of expected I guess."

"What do you mean?" Emilia turned her head to him.

"Jujutsushi don't lead happy lives Emilia. Only rare few live to die of old age."