mornings

my eyes fluttered open, blinking and squinting as the morning sunlight blinded me. my whole body buzzed with warmth. my head was sunk deep into my silk covered pillow. warm fuzzy blankets still wrapped around me snuggly from last night.

oh. my stomach buzzed as my mind and body continued to fully awaken.

hot breath consistently hit my neck. a gentle hand rested on the bare skin of my stomach under my pajama shirt. the warm touch of fingertips sent heat waves through my core. soft snores elicited from behind me. my back was fully pressed against a solid chest. my boyfriend's chest. matt's chest.

my body now fully alive and awake buzzed with an energy. warmth flooded throughout me, butterflies fluttering in my stomach. even though matt and i had been dating for almost a year, my heart never ceased to go into a frenzy at every touch or thought of him. it took him little effort to get me flustered.

shifting in the bed, i slowly turned on my other side to face the sleeping boy. i was met with a bare chest and a serene blushed face. soft dark lashes kissed the creamy skin under matt's eyes. his cheeks held a rosey color, his plush lips the same hue. scattered brown curls delicately framed his forehead.

he was so pretty. i layed there in silence for countless minutes as i soaked in the serenity of the morning and the handsome man sleeping peacefully in front of me.

my eyes snapped to matt as he huffed, shifting slightly under the sheets. his eyes fluttered open and shut a few times before entirely locking on mine.

"good morning, love," he whispered. the gravely but gentle roughness in his morning voice sent millions of butterflies straight to my stomach. "c'mere," he mumbled, the hand on my back pulling me impossibly close to him. lips lightly brushed my forehead as he planted a kiss there. i rested my head against his chest, my cheek flush with his bare skin.

a comfortable silence filled the bedroom as we soaked in each other's embrace. i could stay like this for hours, for days, for years. forever. matt was the perfect man. a man i didn't deserve but needed. he was the morning ray of sunshine to my dark cloudy night.

"i love you," i mumbled into his warm skin.

"i love you so much more, pretty girl," he rasped.

pulling away from the tight embrace we were melting in, i leaned back, looking up into his shining blue eyes. those orbs were so easy to drown into. they were endlessly blue whirlpools that swept you under, down into a soft abyss.

matt broke away from my eyes, lowering himself down, he connected with my lips. i forever drowned in his kisses. our lips moved against each other, perfectly in sync. his mouth trailed off mine, planting kisses along my jaw. i couldn't help the small sighs that escaped as his lips wandered behind my ear and down my neck.

my fingers buried themselves in the chocolate curls at the back of matt's head. he hummed as i gently tugged on the ends of his hair. matt continued to move farther down, kisses landing on my collarbones. little sounds escaped me with every other press of his lips to my burning skin. the world was a pale blur. i could stay in this heaven forever.

the kisses ceased and matt propped himself on an elbow, staring down at me. a sweet smile spread across his face and i couldn't help but return it.

"i need to use the bathroom, i'll be back," he said softly. a gentle hand reached over to brush stray hairs out of my face.

"ok," i whispered.

i watched as he disappeared into the bathroom, blushing a little at the glimpse of his bare broad shoulders before they vanished behind the door. every little thing about him made me melt.

i scrolled through my phone as i waited for matt to return. after a minute he was sauntering back into the room.

i looked up from my phone to see him getting onto the bed at my feet as he began to climb on me. my breath caught in my throat as i looked up at him over my phone through my lashes.

"hi," i choked.

a smirk grew on his face as he hovered above me. i slowly lowered my phone on the bed.

"hi honey."

everything felt hot. i couldn't focus, my heart threatening to beat out of my rib cage. my eyes traveled across his shoulders and chest. gulping, i conjured up the courage to meet his eyes.

"you're blushing," he chuckled, raising his eyebrows.

"no i'm not!" i quickly buried my face in my hands.

it was embarrassing how easily he could fluster me. and he was well aware of his capabilities. at every opportune moment he never passed the chance. matt loved it.

"you most definitely are!" he laughed.

letting out an exasperated sigh, i layed there stalk still, continuing to cover my face.

"c'mon don't hide from me," matt cooed. warm hands grabbed at mine, encouraging them to move.

after struggling against each other, i gave in. matt's hand locked around one of my wrists pulling it down. i let the other drop away with a loud sigh.

"don't look at me like that," i complained through a laugh. he only chuckled, continuing to stare at me. it was like a challenge to him. how long could i gaze into her soul before she completely breaks?

i grazed my fingertips down one of his arms that caged me in. my fingers danced along the black patterns etched across his skin. i loved his tattoos.

without warning his body slumped down onto mine with an umph.

"matthew," i squeaked under him. my hands traveled up around his back. we layed there holding each other in silence. i could stay like this for hours. cuddling him, soaking in his embrace.

"should we have pancakes for breakfast?" i asked, breaking stillness.

"only if they're chocolate chip," he mumbled into my neck.

"of course," i laughed.

i hoped bringing up food would get matt up and moving. but the boy made no effort to stir.

"silly, get up you big lug,"

"hey," he croaked, acting offended.

fingers lightly dug into his sides as i attempted to tickle him off me. this was a much more affective method. giggling, he rolled off me.

"let's go make breakfast," i laughed.

♡ i feel like this is kinda short but hope you enjoyed it :)

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

♡ i feel like this is kinda short but hope you enjoyed it :)