THE NEXT CHAPTER

The minute Bumblebee heard the news, he hopped the first bridge from Earth to Cybertron, meeting Knockout at the space-bridge that will teleport them to Nova Terra. They don't bother with talk outside of a brief greeting as they rush through the portal and enter the foyer of Nova Terra's main communications building.

"Oh, good, you're here!"

Octane was waiting on the other side of the portal, his frame tense with nerves.

"When I heard that Moonracer was unavailable, I started to panic! You have no idea how happy you've just made me!"

The triple-changer grabbed each mech by the arm and led them away.

"Octane, what's going on? Is everything alright?" Bumblebee asked, struggling to keep up with the larger mech.

"Oh scrap!" Octane cursed, turning back around and heading for the front door. "I forgot, Sandstorm's gonna kill me if I bring in a non-medic."

Octane didn't wait for the front door to fully open before shoving Bumblebee outside. He face-planted on the short, soft grass.

"Sorry!" Octane apologized before closing and locking the door.

"Yeah, sure, no problem," Bumblebee grumbled. He planted his servos on the ground and levered himself into a kneeling position. "I know you're busy, but it'd be nice to get an answer."

"Yer just talkin' to yourself, ya know."

Bumblebee startled. He looked up, optics widening as he gazed upon the crowd of Ex-Cons before him. To think that it wasn't all that long ago when they would have had no qualms about killing Bumblebee. He wouldn't be surprised if most if not all still do, but due to a variety of reasons, won't. The main reason being that he actually assisted in acquiring their new home.

"Like you don't talk to yourself, too, Thunderhoof," Bumblebee retorted, brushing away some mud that clumped on his plating. The Cervicon rolled his optics.

"Whatever."

Bumblebee ignored the Con's attitude. Picking a fight with Thunderhoof is usually never a good idea, but especially today of all days. Bumblebee is not going to risk it. He chooses to focus on everyone else surrounding him and Thunderhoof. There's a bunch of Ex-Cons that Bumblebee recognizes, plus a few he's never seen before. All are in robot mode except for one.

"What's going on with Saberhorn?" Bumblebee asked, having noticed the recharging Insecticon. He is being watched over by Glowstrike and Scorponok as he lays among a pile of data pads.

"He's taken on Steeljaw's workload as his cycle's progressed," Underbite explained from Thunderhoof's other side. "Sandstorm told Steeljaw that he shouldn't be working and stressing himself out, not good for the sparkling or something."

"Steeljaw decided to put Saberhorn in charge because of his diplomacy," Fracture added, the bounty hunter and his mini-cons lounging on Underbite's back. "Fella's been running ragged ever since."

"Well, that would do it," Bumblebee admitted. He saw the logic behind Steeljaw's decision, but he also felt bad for Saberhorn having to take on all that responsibility on such short notice. "And speaking of Steeljaw..."

"No news," Thunderhoof interrupted.

"Okay, what about everyone else? I notice there's a few bots missing, and Octane said something about Moonracer not coming?"

"Ask Hoof, he was the first one here," Fracture waved a servo at the Cervicon.

"Eyo, yous was here early, too!" Thunderhoof raised his voice, turning to face Fracture.