MOOD

– Midnight –

The rescue alarm goes off, waking up the humans in the Firehouse and the Cybertronians in the Bunker. Everyone is used to the noise, but that doesn't mean they like it.

Who likes having their good night's sleep interrupted?

"EYO, WHAT IN THE PITS IS THAT FRAGGING NOISE?"

True, nobody likes it, but not everyone is used to it.

One minute, Thunderhoof is out cold, and the next, he's curled into a ball with servos pressed against his audio receptors, trying to block out the alarm, but only after jamming Steeljaw's daughter – as gently as possible – into his subspace.

"HOW'S CAN A RECOVERIN' MECH GET ANY SLEEP AROUND HERE?"

"That's just Griffin Rock for you," Heatwave replied coolly, having been alerted to their guest's distress on his way out. "The most unexpected things occur at the most inconvenient times."

Thunderhoof just barely heard the Rescue Bot over the alarm. His audio receptors, as irritated as they were, eventually adjusted to the noise level. He removed a servo from the side of his helm and turned to look at the red mech standing in the doorway.

"That so? Then why yous here? Don't ya have a job to get to or somethin'?" Thunderhoof asked.

"I'm checking on you, first," Heatwave said. "For all I know, you could've panicked and destroyed the med-bay."

"Do I look like the type of mech who panics?"

"No..."

Heatwave hesitated. His amber optics averted, more interested in the floor all of a sudden. He seemed conflicted.

"Listen, we're going to be out for a while. Don't cause any trouble."

"Why would I when I'm supposed to be resting?" Thunderhoof questioned.

". . . Get some sleep. We'll check on you in the morning."

Heatwave shut and locked the door. Thunderhoof heard the click, now that the alarm had gone silent, but he didn't entirely register the sound. He was left in a dark, silent room, utterly baffled.

What just happened?

Not wanting to get into it now, Thunderhoof shook his helm and lay back down. He retrieved Steeljaw's daughter from his subspace and placed her next to his hip. Leaving his servo draped over her small frame like a blanket, Thunderhoof closed his optics and drifted back to sleep.

– time skip –

Morning came fast for Thunderhoof. It was so peaceful that he remained in the berth. He must have dozed off because when he came-to, there was a commotion.

"Heatwave, sit still!"

"I'm fine, Blades! It's only a scratch!"

"It isn't just a scratch! Stop being so stubborn!"

Curiosity peaked, Thunderhoof cracked open an optic and looked over. Blades was gripping Heatwave's arm in one servo while the other held onto some sort of medical tool. Both mechs appeared to have been in some sort of altercation, their plating covered in scuffs, scrapes, and dirt. Though from where he was, Thunderhoof didn't see any concerning injuries.

"Blades, let go!"

"Not until I treat you! That cut could get infected, you know! Do you seriously want to deal with that?"

"I'll take care of it later!"

"You always say that!"

"No, I don't!"