ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵒⁿᵗʰ

𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤 𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫.

34 unread texts and 7 missed calls.

Yeah, he probably went a little overboard, but he was really worried and scared. It was very unlike Shelby to not answer on the first few of his.

She had been visiting from California for a couple days so far and stayed at her own apartment, no matter how much Wilbur insisted that she stay at his. But either way, he was super excited and happy because he did not necessarily enjoy not being able to see his girlfriend in person.

Wilbur decided to go check up on her and make sure she was okay.

When he arrived, he used the extra key that Shelby had given him to open the door. "Shelbs?" He called out.

No reply.

He quietly walked to her bedroom with the possibility that she had been asleep. He noticed the lights weren't on, for there was no brightness coming from the bottom of the door.

He carefully turned the door knob and pushed the door open, revealing a sleeping Shelby hidden under the bedcovers.

The light that entered the room from the open door must have woken her up because she started to stir. She groaned.

"Shelbs?" Wilbur repeated. He walked closer to the bed on the opposite side of his girlfriend. He sat down on the bed as she turned her body around and dug her face into his chest. 

Wilbur brushed out her orange-hair to help soothe her. "What's wrong?"

"I'm on my period." She murmured. 

"Oh, awh. I'm sorry Shelbs. I wish I could take you pain away." Wilbur continued to brush her hair with his fingers and placed his other hand under her shirt and on her stomach.

It was not a sensual action. They barely ever do anything like that.

When Wilbur did that, Shelby's lips twitched up into a smile. It actually did kind of take some of the pain away.

Just a couple minutes later, Shelby fell back into her slumber. 

Trying not to be too creepy, Wilbur admired his girlfriend. He was so freakin' lucky to have her. And he knew that. 

Whenever she was around, he was always so happy. They had several memories of laughter, happiness, and cringey moments. And she was so supportive of everything he did, especially his music.

But he really did not enjoy the long distance. And with the different timezones, it made everything so much harder. That's why he acted so clingy whenever she visited.

After about an hour of laying down with Shelby on his chest, he knew he should probably go out and buy some medicine and comfort food for her.

Wilbur tried his best to get Shelby's head off his chest without waking her up, which was successful somehow. But when he placed his feet on the floor, it made a loud sound, waking her up. 

"Wilbur?" She said with a confused and sleepy tone. She pushed herself up on the bed and laid against the headboard.

"Yeah?"

"Where are you going?" She asked softly.

"I'm just gonna go out and buy you some medicine and snacks." He replied.

"Are you coming back?" Wilbur's heart melted at how cute and clingy she can be when she was tired...and in pain.

"I will. I promise. And then I'll spend the rest of the day taking care of you." He walked to her side and pressed a soft kiss to her forhead before walking out the room and closing the door.

The door creaked open, which startled Shelby a little from the noise and slither of brightness that entered the room.

"Sorry, it's just me." Wilbur chuckles. She smiles ar him. "You feeling okay? I brought your medicine and made some popcorn and put a lot of butter on it, just like you like it."

Shelby sat up on her bed again. "Thank you so much Wilbur. I'm sorry. Gosh, you're probably so annoyed by me, I know you were excited for my visit this month."

Wilbur frowned at her. "Shelbs, I'm not annoyed at all. And as much as I do love going out with you, I will always prefer staying in and cuddling."

"I love you so much. Now give me this medicine so I can eat this popcorn!"