Baby fever

You sleep on one of the many miscellaneous couches around the cave with a small fragile baby on your chest that you held protectively.

The boys and laddie just climb into the cave, their attention immediately on you and the random baby sleeping on your chest.

"Babe?"

Paul called out to you, wanting to wake you up but didn't want to shake you or the strange baby you held protectively.

Your eyes fluttered up as I looked around drowsy. You sat up a bit, holding the baby carefully against you.

"Oh, hey..."

You said softly as you rubbed your eyes.

"Who's baby?"

David asked. The boys crowded around, confused and curious. You look at them and shrugged.

"I don't know."

"You don't know?"

Marko laughs, but David seems serious and a bit annoyed by the baby.

"I was working at the shop and turned around, and there was a baby on the ground with note."

You explained. David seemed still annoyed. You took the baby, making a snarky comment of "Why did you take it?" But the other boys seem infatuated with the baby. It's small hands making their cold, unbeating hearts melt. Dwayne wakes closer and crouches down to yours and the baby's level.

"Can I hold it?"

He asks calmly. Dwayne had always wanted kids, so when Max handed them laddie in hopes they would calm down, he wasn't mad.

You nod, trust Dwayne the most with the baby. You carefully put the baby's fragile body into Dwaynes' large, rough hands. He holds the baby like it's made of glass.

"His name is Sammy."
You say softly as Dwayne holds the baby, looking at his sleeping face with adoring eyes. He gently shows the baby, and future brother, to laddie.

You kept the baby, and all the boys became used to him. It took David the longest, but after you forc- asked him to hold the baby, and he looked up at David with those innocent eyes and babbled the words.

"Dada..."

David fell in love.

The other boys took quick liking and treated him as a smaller, weaker laddie. Paul loved playing with the baby while Dwayne liked to read and teach the baby. Marko would hold the baby in the air and play with him or overall nap in the air with the baby on his chest (you hated both).

And each boy got their own name, David was Dada, you were daddy, Dwayne was papa, Marko was babbo (which is Italian for dad), and Paul was mama by his own request.