Chapter 7 : Cafeteria Banter

Benjamin's Pov

Sebastian, Ryan, and I walk into the cafeteria, our laughter harmonizing with the vibrant buzz of student conversations. The smell of coffee hung in the air, leading us to the food stations with a promise of today's food. As we teased each other about the antics of our last practice, Sebastian's wit stole the spotlight.

I nudged Sebastian with a smirk, "Alright, Seb, any weekend plans to match your epic fail in practice yesterday?" I snagged a handful of chips, casting a quick glance around the room.

Sebastian shot me a sly grin, nudging me back, "Well, Benny, I was considering perfecting my secret strategic moves, but hey, maybe I'll throw in a dramatic twist for entertainment."

Ryan, ever the master of quips, chimed in, "Drama? I thought that's exclusively reserved for your love life, Seb."

Sebastian, with a mock offense, placed a hand over his heart, "Ah, but drama adds flavor to life, my friends. Keeps things interesting."

I chuckled, "And unpredictable, just like your so-called strategic moves."

Sebastian shrugged, his grin undeterred, "Can't have you guys getting too comfortable. Gotta keep you on your toes, after all."

Ryan, always ready with a comeback, joined in. "Strategic move or not, I think I saw Coach shaking his head in disappointment."

I raised an eyebrow, pretending to be unimpressed. "Well, I hope your strategic moves work better in the upcoming games. We wouldn't want one of our star players losing his edge."

Sebastian, never one to back down, grinned confidently. "Watch out, Benny and Ryan. I'll be there, and the next minute, I'll be smacking you down on the ice, bitches."

Ryan chuckled, twirling a napkin between his fingers. "Sure, Seb. Just make sure you can keep up with our lightning speed."

Sebastian rolled his eyes, retorting, "Lightning speed? More like a tortoise on skates."

Our banter echoed through the cafeteria, with Sebastian's infectious laughter drawing the attention of nearby students especially the girls.

As our banter continued, my attention flitted towards a group of students engrossed in lively conversation. My heart starts to run. There she was-Evelyn, her laughter captivating my attention. God, she has a good laugh. Sebastian nudged me with a sly smile, "Looks like Benjamin's got a distraction."

Following my gaze, Sebastian quipped, "Ah, the distraction has a name, Ryan-Evelyn Sterling, one of the hottest girls in Northern Lakeside University." He turned to me, a knowing smirk playing on his lips. "I recall a certain someone insisting he's not interested in the slightest."

"Do I see and hear a liar, Mr. Hartwell?" Ryan teased, an amused glint in his eyes.

Sebastian leaned in, his voice conspiratorial, "No judgment here, Benny. Love is like pizza-always a good idea."

I rolled my eyes, trying to play it cool. "There's no love. Nothing's going on. I met her when we had that meeting with Coach. You both were there, so why are you acting stupid?"

Ryan laughed. "Hey, we're just giving you a hard time, Ben. There's no need to get defensive, but sure, whatever you say. In my opinion, you are staring like you've found the eighth wonder of the world."

" Well, I didn't ask for your opinion, or yours Sebastian Thorne," I say to them, getting defensive

Sebastian, ever the instigator, nudged me again. "Come on, man, admit it. She caught your eye. Don't even try to lie about it."

I rolled my eyes, grabbing a drink from the dispenser. "Okay, fine. Maybe she did."

Ryan grinned. "Well, what are you waiting for, her to give you some flowers and chocolates? Go over and say hi. It's not rocket science. It's not it's your first time."

Taking a deep breath, I decided to follow their advice. With a casual nod to them, I left them behind and headed toward Evelyn, my curiosity stirred and my heart beating a bit faster. The vibrant energy of the cafeteria seemed to intensify as I approached her.

God, she was beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

Quietly, I approached, reaching out to tap her shoulder gently. "Long time no see, beautiful," I murmured, a warm smile playing on my lips.
_______________________________________________
A/N Heyy, I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did writing it.

Who's your favorite so far out of the trio of Benjamin, Sebastian, and Ryan?
*Sebastian is giving me Eli and Austin vibes from Without You and The Player Next Door series now that I think of it lol

Please don't forget to like, comment, and follow

See you soon!