hazy morning

I sat on my phone, my thumbs fighting around the dim screen. I was bored, and Rose was still asleep in the bed next to me. Sh is so sweet and gentle, her snoring is probably the loudest thing about her. Her droning on snores made my head hurt, and her boyfriend, Deven, was blowing up her phone. Of course, his arrogance kept him believing she had to pick up. I could tell by the little vibrations the phone was constantly repeatedly getting. I stretched, standing up. Aimlessly, I wandered to the windowsill, staring out. In the fair distance, I could see the road. Maybe today was the day, the day that I could finally make my way to thw forest. I look down, seeing the closer things, the ones I look at enough. The actual house, the bonfire, broken off limps, and the concrete patio that Deven would usually smoke on. But today he wasn't there yet, as his destined time. Rose uncomfortably shifted in her sleep, I could tell by her little groan and the bed creaking. Annoyed, I decided I needed to go inside the house and get some headache medication. So I made my way to the ladder, and started climbing down gently. I looked down, regretting it almost immediately. I looked back up, not thinking. Suddenly, my foot lost the wood panel it was standing on, and I fell back. Well, almost did. Until Brent caught me, his heroic smile and strong blush telling me was probably preparing for this. I awkwardly smiled at him, pairing it with nervous laughing since I had almost just gotten hurt. "Thanks, Batman. Could you put me down now?" I said to him, with his confident smirk dropping. "Oh, yeah." He said, laughing it off. I looked at him once he stood me up, he looked nice. He had on gray sweatpants, and a black shirt with cool designs on it. Brent was nice looking, and of course had some charm, but I never wanted him, or not the way he wanted me at least. Sometimes I felt bad that he tried so hard, but eventually as we got closer I realized he just had to accept I didn't want him. "Hey Brent, do you think we could go to the forest later?" I asked gently, wondering if I could swoon my way into getting what I want. He looked at me, almost as if I was crazy. "Val, what are you thinking? I.." he paused, "we kept you away from that forest our whole lives, you've barely even shown interest in it. Why now are you suddenly in love with the idea of exploring it?" He said, his voice stern. I could tell he was just worried. I didn't really care, I was probably going to go anyway. "I'll leave without you then, weakling." I said to him teasingly. He gave me a look, which looked like he was going to hit me like a little boy. Which meant he was going to the forest after all.