discovery inside the mind

"Who are you?.."

The voice was rough and threatening, but the face was not. The face was beautiful, with long brunette hair passed the shoulders. I stuttered over my responce, trying to find a way to respond without sounding like a stupid little idiot. "Uhm.. I am, well, I'm Val, or Valorie.." I said, and I cursed myself in my head for sounding so idiotic and dumb. I fumbled horrible, fidgeting with my hair and clothes. The person I had just complete stuttered over my words for was a woman, with long auburn waves and eyes of memories beyond advisory, they were a light green. "Okay, what are you doing here? As far as I'm aware I wasn't asking for visitors." Her voice was raspy, like she was older. I trembled in my silence, wishing my stupid throat could think up an answer. "I, I don't know.." I just said to her, her sharp eyes feeling like they were looking right through me. Her sage green eyes seemed to go from daggers to a squinted almond, and it shot butterflies through my body. She pulled the chair away from the desk, and pressed her hands to it. They were veiny, with little bruises and markings on them, seemingly tracing up her arm, but it was covered by her sweater. "Sit. Tell me your story," she paused, pulling out a dagger, "and I'll decide how I feel. Deal?" She finished her phrase, looking at me with the ends up her lips only the slightest amount upturned. I hesitantly walked towards the chair, afraid for my life but somehow into it. I dropped myself gracefully into the chair, looking up into her eyes. She motioned her chin up and down, as if to tell me to start talking. I took a breath, and practically explained to her my story. She stood and listened, her attitude in her body launguage softening and calming as my story ended. She dropped the dagger. "Well, since you're some little damsel in distress, I guess I can help you out." Her hands laced the bottom of the face, they were cold like rocks from the snow outside, but my face suddenly felt hot. She reached down, opened the chest and grabbing a little container. Inside of it, was some food, bandages, and a thing of medicine. "Go sit on the sleeping bag. Eat this and if you have any wounds tend to them, We'll be here until nightfall, then we must leave." she said to me, with her raspy voice. I nodded, but then I questioned her. "Why do we have to leave at nightfall?" I said innocently, but I felt as if I was failing to seduce the woman of my dreams. "You'll see sweetheart, just follow my lead. Better to follow blindly than to die silently." She said, her voice almost a coo. She was teasing me, and I was allowing it. I stepped out of the chair and down to the sleeping bag, following her commands and opening the container. Maybe following her rules wasn't too bad.