CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

                        While Robert Mondé aka Blondé was reviewing information about missing persons over the years in his small office, he frowned when he read an article. He was about to focus on that when a knock on the door caught his attention.

"Come in," he replied.

When the door opened, a female staff member looked up. She was carrying a report paper and she held it up to show him.

"Let me see it." He ordered. She immediately came to him and placed what she was holding on his desk.

"Just see it for yourself, sir. Sir Montana said you'll like to know this."

"Oh, is it about a missing person, again?" He even joked.

The woman just chuckled and went out of his office afterward.

When Blondé looked at it and casually read it, he almost stood up in amazement because it seemed that perhaps this time, he would also have a lead in the case he had been investigating for a long time. He read the headlines carefully...

"MISSING GROUP OF STUDENTS: 8 MEMBERS. NOT ONE OF THEM HAS COME BACK YET AND THREE DAYS HAVE PASSED SINCE THEY WERE GONE. THE ONLY LEAD FOUND WAS THE ABANDONED BUS THEY SAID THE STUDENTS HAD RIDDEN ON FOR THEIR FIELD TRIP. AND NOT EVEN A TRACE WAS FOUND THERE SO THE INVESTIGATION STILL CONTINUES."

That's what he read and when he found out the exact location where the abandoned bus was found, he also found out that it was near a deserted suburb. He thought and when he remembered something, he quickly took out the piece of paper that he carefully kept inside his desk drawer. As he expected, everything matched. He also tore out an article in the news magazine he was reading earlier. There is only one thing he needs to do, and that is to talk to the sole survivor from what they call The Lost City of Fire. He needed to be sure before he made another move. This time, he will make sure that he will never fail again and he will also get a lead and solid information.

                            "Hey, what's wrong? It's not the end of the world yet, what's with the face?" He jokes. He tapped his nephew's shoulder without even flinching and reacting to his joke. It seems like the young man has a big problem at that moment. He sighed. "You know what? You don't have to keep everything to yourself no matter what's bothering you. You can share it with me. It's just us here. So?" He still encouraged his nephew. Then, Giever faced him and sighed awkwardly.

"There's no problem, uncle. It's just that, m-my friend and his classmates, they still haven't come back yet. I-It's been almost three days and they have reported my friend as a missing person and his parents are so worried right now. They said they would only be gone for three days because of the research they would do in the place they went to. B-But it was about six days ago. Someone said they found the bus they used to travel but nothing was found on that bus. I-I can't stop worrying about them, especially my friend. What do you think happened to them, uncle? T-They will be able to return safely, right?" Giever asked with anticipation. Blondé couldn't move for a moment because of what his nephew told him. He remembered the report paper that the staff had given him earlier. It seems that Giever's friends and classmates he was referring to are the said missing group of students. Blondé touched Giever's head and ruffled his hair slightly.

"Don't worry, they will return safely. You have to pray for that. Go to sleep now, we'll talk tomorrow." He ordered his nephew because it was already midnight and he was still awake.

"Okay, uncle. I will finish my thesis first." He replied. Blondé just let it go and went out of the mini library of his house. Giever is currently living in the bungalow where he was staying because it is close to their University. Giever is the only boy among his three siblings which is Blondé's older sister's son. Since Blondé doesn't come home often due to the nature of his job, his nephew is often left there alone. So he only checked his situation once he got home and he had the time to meet him. And Blondé did not expect what he heard from his nephew. So to help his nephew, he has to hurry and take action quickly. With the help of his team, they will now proceed to go across the said location of Tierra Del Fuego according to the info they've obtained where the Lost City is. It's been an abandoned city for a long time but over the years the said city seems to have disappeared from the map on its own. Its location can no longer be traced because there is always a storm in that area. The city is surrounded by the desert and the barrens near it often experience sea fire or because of the drought, the wasteland burns frequently. After the said volcano erupted, the nearby communities were shrouded due to the spread of lava and ash falls. That's why the local people there decide to leave the place. The said city only has a population of more than two thousand people. But since the volcano erupted, only a few wanted to stay and live there. But due to frequent sand storms, the city itself seems to have disappeared like a speck of dust that flew away. Whenever someone goes there, the compass doesn't work when you're at the mouth of the said desert with huge and towering rocks. Experts say that any type of technology and navigation does not work in the said area because of the strong current of the magnetic field there. From where and where its exact location is yet to be determined. You have to grope every time you go. The tire of an ordinary car can get punctured quickly when traveling there, so there are no long-term travelers. That is probably the reason why Giever's schoolmates took a risk because of their Science research. What exactly is the mystery surrounding that place? Until now, there is still no sensible information that Blondé is getting from the only survivor who returned home from the said place. Is it true that people are living in the said city?

The residents are not only amiable because before the said survivor Leroy Benitez could get out of there, he suffered so many injuries and casualties first that he was almost unrecognizable due to the brutality that had been done to him...

To be continued...