06 | It Takes A Village

Omniscient
Charlotte, North Carolina
June 12th, 2023

Omniscient Charlotte, North CarolinaJune 12th, 2023

"So you think he's still out there?" Shiloh questioned as him as his wife Susan stood talking with Orlando

Micaela wasn't to thrilled to reveal to her parents that Owen had a twin brother. And then to top it off, Owen was still out there somewhere alive trying to send his wife to jail for his murder.

"Oh, I know he's still out there." Orlando spoke up showing them the forensic files he had shown Micaela only a few days ago.

"I'm glad the kids are with your mother and aren't here to hear this." Susan sighed as she read over the forensic files with Shiloh.

"How are they by the way?" Orlando questioned nervously, he knew that it would be a while before Micaela allowed him to meet his nieces and nephews and he completely understood why. It would be too confusing for them, at least for the younger kids. Oakland and Moriah would understand but she was still cautious about what she told them.

After all, Oakland was turning 13 later this year and Moriah was only 12. Though they knew things for their ages, they were still just kids. And Micaela wanted to shield them as much as she could. How would they take when she'd finally tell them that she was in jail for killing their father who isn't actually dead but has abandoned you and your siblings to hurt your mother?

Susan smiled, "They're doing fine for the most part. They just really miss their parents. I'm glad you're doing this for my daughter and those babies." She nudged his shoulder, "I can tell you're the good twin."

Orlando chuckled, "Oh? And how do you know this, Mrs. Brown?" Orlando asked in a joking matter.

"Call me Susan, baby, or even mama." She whispered the last part even though Shiloh overheard and laughed along with Orlando. "A mother knows best." She patted his shoulder and walked off with a prissy walk.

"Come. Have a seat, son. You're family now." Shiloh said as he lead Orlando to the patio. "Beer?" Shiloh offered going into his cooler as Orlando took a seat.