10 | A Mother's Love Pt. 2

A/N: Sorry for the long anticipated wait🥲🫶🏾 Life was lifing but my God was Godding🤣🗣️ Thank you to those who are stilled interested in this story. I'm not sure how long I'm making this book but I will definitely not stop until it's completed🩵😤 Love you guys 💗

Micaela McDonald
Charlotte, North Carolina
September 4th, 2023

Micaela McDonaldCharlotte, North CarolinaSeptember 4th, 2023

I sat in my old bedroom, on the bed as I stared off into space

I sat in my old bedroom, on the bed as I stared off into space. It had been almost two weeks since Owen took Ezra.

I could barely eat, barely getting any sleep, and this is what freedom was supposed to feel like? I knew he wouldn't hurt him, but why did he constantly have to hurt me?

What did I do that was so wrong? Why did he have to take his anger out on me? I just didn't understand it. And now it had took one of the most important things away from me. My son.

"Micaela." I heard a voice say and a knock on my door as I snapped out of my thoughts. I realized it was Orlando on the other side of the door.

"You can come in." I said trying to wipe away the stray tears. Opening the door he noticed where I was in the dark as the hallway light shined in from the hall and the afternoon sun peaked throw my sheer curtains.

"Your mom made some lunch. Come sit and eat with us." He motioned for me to come but I didn't move.

"You know, all I ever did was try and love your brother." I chuckled as the tears began to fall I looked over at him as my lip quivered. "Why couldn't he love me back?" I asked as Orlando rushed to my side and engulfed me into a hug.

"I did everything right, Orlando. I did everything right." I broke down as I cried into his chest. "Why did he have to take my baby?"

As the tears kept coming, Orlando rubbed my back and kissed my forehead before giving me words of encouragement. "Though you did everything right, it would never be enough for the wrong person. Don't ever think that it was you. Owen has been this way since a child. And though he's a sick bastard, I can't even put all the blame on him. But..." He trailed off as he pulled away and cuffed my face, looking into my eyes.