𝟎𝟑 | 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 & 𝐏𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!"

Grimmauld Place

It's now been two and a half weeks since Rosabella arrived at Grimmauld. Kreacher makes her three meals a day, along with healing potions to help with the spell damage. She can finally walk around without too much pain, but she is nowhere near fully healed.

As soon as Rosabella had gained enough of her strength back, she made sure to add to the wards on Grimmauld Place. She wanted to ensure that nobody could apparate in, and if anyone tried to, she would be alerted. She didn't want any visitors, and he knew the Weasleys were probably looking for her, along with the ministry.

Hearing Kreaches' calls that breakfast was ready, Rosabella got dressed for the day. She was grateful that she had her bag with her before she left Hogwarts. It had an extension charm on it, so everything she could possibly need was in there. She was also glad she didn't have any reason to go back to Hogwarts anytime soon.

Making her way downstairs and into the kitchen, Rosabella noticed that Kreacher had everything set out for her on the table, including her favorite breakfast and juice. She smiled softly at him as she sat down at the table.

"Thank you very much for making me breakfast, little one," Rosabella said gratefully, and she saw the old house elf blush a bit at her words. Kreacher bowed to her, and Rosabella chuckled a bit. "There is no need to bow to me, Kreacher."

"Of course Kreacher must bow to Mistress Rosabella. Mistress Rosabella is the Lady of the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Black. Mistress Rosabella is Kreacher's mistress. Kreacher lives to serve the Lords and Lady of the House of Black." Kreach rasped out while once again bowing to the young witch.

Rosabella was slightly confused by his words. She knew families like the Blacks and Potter were important in wizarding Britain, but she didn't know much about lords and ladies, much less house status. It was at times like these that Rosabella hated growing up in the muggle world. She wished she knew these things, especially if they were important, which she figured this might be.

"Kreacher, what do you mean I am the Lady of the House of Black? I'm a Potter. I know that Sirius left Grimmauld Place to me in his will, but..." Rosabella trailed off, not really knowing how to finish the question.

The house elf tilted his head at Rosabella, seemingly confused by her lack of knowledge. "The blood traitor-" Kreacher cut himself after a stern look from Rosabella before correcting himself, "Sirius made you his heir. After he died, you became the heir to the House of Black.

Rosabella nodded along, but she was still slightly confused. She was almost positive that Sirius had told her that his family had disowned him; he also never mentioned that he was apparently still the heir to the House of Black. Feeling her stomach growl, she decided to save the rest of her questions for later and start eating.

♥ ♥ ♥

After she had finished her breakfast, Rosabella decided she would explore Grimmauld a bit. In all the times she stayed there, she had never seen much of the house. When she was here with the Weasleys, they had cleaned it up a bit, but she never had much time to actually see anything.

It's been hard being at the house without any distractions. Everywhere she looked, she was reminded of Sirius, and even though he had died two years ago, the pain from his loss was still fresh. He was her godfather, and that meant everything to her. Now having to be in this house without him felt like torture.