𝟎𝟒 | 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

"When in doubt, go to the library."

Grimmauld Place

The Black family library was huge, and every wall was lined with books on every magical subject imaginable. Sitting by the fire in Grimmauld Place's library, Rosabella reads one of the many books in the wide selection.

During her time on the run, Rosabella had grown quite fond of reading. There wasn't much to do while camping in the woods, so she resorted to practicing spells and learning more about magic. She had spent many hours learning, and eventually mastering, new and very advanced magic, including wandless and nonverbal spells.

The young witch had also finally mastered occlumency and legilimency, using the techniques Professor Snape had taught her. She was extremely proud of that, as learning it had not come easy, but she knows it will definitely be worth it. Currently, Rosabella is reading up on wizarding customs in Britain.

Rosabella's conversation with Kreacher the other day made her realize how little she knew about the wizarding world. Being raised in the muggle world, nobody ever taught her the rules and customs of wizarding Britain. The dark-haired girl has heard countless times over her years at Hogwarts about how the Potters were an important pureblood family; they were a part of the sacred 28, but she is unaware of what that truly entails.

Sadly, the young witch has no one to teach her these things. Her parents were supposed to, but for obvious reasons, they couldn't. Sirius taught her a bit, but with his childhood, it was a touchy subject, so Rosabella didn't ask about it much. Not many others offered any insight, and with the constant dangers around her, she never had much time to wonder.

Now that the war was over, she was left with so many unanswered questions, but she knew if she wanted to move forward, she would need to get some answers; she just wasn't sure where to go to get them. While reading about the Black family tree, Rosabella had an idea of who might be able to help her.

Leaving the library, Rosabella walks into the hallway, where the portraits are. Orion's punishment lasted three long days. After being screamed at continuously by the banshee, Rosabella decided that they needed to have a chat.

Bringing Orion's portrait into the sitting room, she props him up on the coffee table and sits down. With a smirk, she asks, "So, how was your talk with Walburga?"

Orion scowls fiercely at Rosabella while she snickers. "That was cruel," he stated simply, with a slight pout, causing her to almost fall off the couch with laughter.

"I suppose proper introductions are in order," she said once she calmed down a bit. "I promise not to yell this time." Rosabella added with a wink.

The older wizard narrowed his eyes at her and stared at Rosabella for a long moment, seemingly trying to figure out her motives. He didn't trust the girl, but he couldn't lie and say he wasn't intrigued. There wasn't much that he knew about the young witch other than the fact that she obviously cared a great deal about his eldest son. Orion also wanted to know why she was in Grimmauld Place, so with a nod, he indicated for her to continue.

"My name is Rosabella Potter," she told the man, giving him a small smile. "My father was James Potter, and my godfather was your son Sirius."

Orion looked at her with wide eyes, not knowing how to react. He knew how close the Potter boy was to his son; after all, when Sirius ran away, he went to the Potters. Still, even knowing all of that, seeing this girl who spoke about his son with such clear fondness was shocking to the man.

Unsure of what to say, he decided to introduce himself once again, politely this time. "As you know, I am Orion Black." He stated it with a slight bow. Roslie smiled, slightly amused by his poshness.