Love ties you up, enclosed, unable to escape...like a butterfly to a cocoon

What is love? If you had asked me what love was 12 years ago, i would of told you about the princess movies, true loves kiss and the prince saving the princess. The fairytale dream still hovers in the back of everyones mind no matter what age, seen as it was the only representation of love we received. The annoying thing about teenage romance is you want the commitment, the boys well they don't tend to. No adult is going to take a teen romance seriously. You are already written in the stars to corrode as that is what is expected from two teenagers. What i never expected from teen romances or boys in general was how much you yearn for their attention and the lengths you are willing to go to receive this.

It easily recognisable when a boy only pays attention to you if it's in a sexual manner and despite this you don't leave, why don't you leave? You know you're being used, you know that your handing your body away like an object so why would you do this? Little me would never, but little me also wanted that fairy tale ending. If the only way to keep my prince is to do this then so be it. That is until they leave. There was nothing you could of done to make them stay or was there? Maybe you weren't pretty enough, funny enough, interesting enough? Wait a minute you hate yourself! If you can't even find a reason to like yourself then obviously no one else will be able to.

Actually there are people that like me and I rejected them. Who am i to complain when i am the one rejecting others. The boys who liked me for me. The only problem is that they are too nice too smothering like a cocoon. I do sometimes wonder why i am unable to accept their kindness why do i not want a nice boy. Do i enjoy punishing myself with all these toxic men who aren't slow to use me and drain me like vampires. I know these good boys could treat me like a goddess, like a princess, so why do I decline. Sometimes i think I don't deserve love, I don't deserve nice words, I don't deserve hugs, I don't deserve anything so maybe i don't deserve these boys. Maybe I don't want to hurt them and their niceness or maybe i crave the attention of those who don't want me, somewhat like a mission to win them over.