I am a cocoon

At this age, 16 by the way! You are no longer a child. You need to take on responsibility, be independent, get a job and start paying for yourself, start thinking about life long careers, you are even old enough to consent to sex, you are expected to help across the house and do all your exams and even start to drive..BUT, you have a curfew, you can't wear that, you will get treated like a kid especially in school, you can't have a boyfriend or you can't stay over his house, you can't drink, you still sit at the kids table, "no you are not going out today", you're are not allowed to buy that and you by know means talk back to an adult (and i mean never). People say I'm mature for my age but that is because it was what i aim to be. Mature. I really thought that by this age I would be included in the adult conversations but I'm not and I'm obviously unable to relate to the kid's conversations. I see this stage in my life like the cocoon stage. I'm no longer a caterpillar but I'm not a butterfly. I am a cocoon. I am a cocoon waiting patiently to spread my wings and fly. To reach my full potential and glow with beauty and self acceptance. The only thing i do wonder is if 12 years ago I thought being a teenager would be everything I ever wanted, will future me look back at this time in my life and envy what I once had. Will it get any worse than being a cocoon? Will the looks of the butterfly really be deceiving?