Chapter Twenty-One

I'm so sorry for such a late update, I've had writer's block so haven't really been writing, so be prepard for a rubbish update.

Taylor's POV

I knew straight away that something was wrong with Ellie. As soon as she came out of the room she seemed really off. Distant. Withdrawn. I want to help her. I want to help her get better but I need her to accept that help first. But, I knew it wouldn't be that easy. She'll deny that she needs help, or believe that she doesn't deserve it, although she does. I just hope that as time goes by, she will realise that she is worthy of help and needs/deserve it so much. All I want is to see her happy.

"Hey Ellie, do you wanna go to a bakery and get some cakes and stuff?"

"Mhmm, yeah sure." She mumbled. She was staring out the window watching the New York skyline go by. It was coming up to 1pm and the temperature was definitely rising. The sun peered through the car windows every time we passed a tall skyscraper.

We pulled up to the bakery that I fell in love with when I first moved to New York. Their cakes were to die for!

"It's massive!" Ellie gasped as she stared at the large bakery in front of her.

"I know right! Their cakes are delicious though." I grinned.

Both of us walked in to the bakery and queued up waiting to make our order. We splashed out a bit and bought quite a few cakes. Ellie bought a load that she had never tried before that she obviously wanted to try. I got my usual and also some that I hadn't had before. We sat down at a table and began eating our cakes.

"Taylor! Oh my God I haven't seen you in so long!" I knew who it was as soon as I heard that distinctive British accent.

"Cara!" I stood up and hugged her tight. I hadn't seen her in such a long time that I didn't want to let go from the hug. I looked up and saw that Karlie was also stood behind her. My smile grew even wider - if that was possible.

"Karlie!" I walked over to Karlie and engulfed her into a tight hug too. I took in the scent of her hair, vanilla and raspberries, the grip of her arms, the feel of her skin everything.

"Who's this cutie then?!" Cara had a massive grin on her face as she looked towards Ellie.

"This is Ellie, I adopted her a couple of weeks ago, Ellie this is Cara. Cara Delevingne."

"Nice to meet you!" Cara said and hugged Ellie. Ellie had a massive smile on her face and hugged her back.

Ellie's POV

I recognised Cara from VS and other modelling work she had done. For some reason I completely forgot she was Taylor's friend, I never would've expected to meet her, I assumed that because she was British that she lived in Britain. Taylor began chatting away to Karlie. I watched how both of their eyes lit up when the spoke to each other, how their smiles just couldn't be wiped of their faces. I tsunami could come through the city right now and they wouldn't even notice because they're too lost in each others eyes.

"So how old are you Ellie?" Cara asked me.

"I'm 15, I turn 16 in under a month though. What about you?"

"I'm coming up 19. Oh that reminds me!" She turned around to Taylor "Tay do you and Ellie wanna come to my birthday bash I'm having next month for my 19th?"

"Yeah sure I'd love to! Ellie what about you?"

"Yeah definitely!"

"That's great."

"It's gonna be on the 11th of August so we can party through til midnight for when actually reaches my 19th! When do you turn 16 Ellie?"

"Um, on July 28th." I smiled back. I didn't realise how close my birthday was until I said it. My sweet sixteenth. Another birthday without my mum and Luke. But now I have Taylor. So it should be amazing to be honest.

Me and Cara carry on getting to know each other, asking random questions and just having general chat. I learnt that her and Karlie met through modelling and Cara met Taylor through performing at a VS fashion show. The three of them seem really close, even if Cara is younger than them. It's quite relieving that Taylor has a friend that's almost around my age, don't get me wrong, the friends of hers I've met already are so kind, amazing, just generally so nice, but it's nice to have someone around my age I can't talk to and relate to I guess. I mean, Cara Delevingne, I'm sat here talking to her. She's breathtakingly beautiful, her British accent is so distinctive and unique, her eyebrows that everyone knows, her smile, her eyes, her random/weirdness that all make her personality even brighter. It all makes me definitely want to be friends with her, let's be honest here, who wouldn't want to be friends with her. They'd have to be crazy to not want to be.

"D'ya know you'd be an amazing model you would." Cara smiled to me while devouring a bacon roll.

"Me? Really?"

"Yes you! You're gorgeous, seriously, how could anyone not think so." She smiled again.

I felt my cheeks redden as I started blushing and got embarrassed like a little school girl. I'd obviously had compliments in the past, which of course I never believed, but to have a compliment like that from someone who is a model themselves is just amazing.

"Hey Ellie you ready to go now?" Taylor asked me smiling sweetly at me.

"Uh yeah sure. I'll see you soon Cara."

"Wait, let me give you my phone number."

"Oh okay." I smiled again and handed Cara my phone. She wrote her name and phone number in then took a random selfie of herself for the photo.

"Send me a text whenever."

"Will do." I grinned to her.

Cara walked closer to me and hugged me goodbye.

"See ya Karlie!" I grinned and walked over to give her a hug goodbye too. A crappy day had turnt out really well in the end.

"You and Cara seem to get along really well." Taylor said once we had got back into the car.

"Yeah she's so nice. I didn't know she was so young."

"She's got a mature side to her, behind all the randomness and the humour. She's a great girl."

"She seems it!" I smiled to myself.

Hey, it's Ellie!x

I sent Cara the text then put my phone away. I sat wondering to myself whether it was too soon to send her a text. I didn't want to seem to eager. You're just friends you can't be to eager when you're friends. Could you? I wouldn't know, I rarely had friends so I really didn't know if I seemed to eager. What if it put her off? I didn't want her to think I was some weirdo then her not want to be friends with me. I could do with some friends really. Speaking of friends, I'd love to go back and see Bella again soon, I'd definitely have to ask Taylor if we could visit sometime. I really do miss her. How funny, the one friend I know I do have is near enough half my age. My mind drifted back to Cara again, I wondered if she had read my text yet. What if she did and didn't want to reply because I'm too strange, or a freak. I've most definitely put her off. Who would want to be my friend anyway. My phone chimed and I quickly unlocked it to see a text waiting for me.

Why hello there you C x