Chapter Ten

Nearly 500 reads, I didn't expect that so soon! Thank you so much everyone, I'm really enjoying writing this story and I hope you enjoy reading it :')
Love you x

Taylor's POV

I held onto Ellie's hand and used my thumb to stroke the back of it to keep her comforted. I always loved it when my mom done that. I still do. Her arms were still bandaged but there was a slight gap for her IV drip. The oxygen tubes had been taken away as she was now able to breathe on her own. Her stomach had been pumped now and everything was out of her system before it could do more harm. When she lives with me I've been told to keep her medication and to give her it when it's time for it and only give her the amount she needed. Hopefully she would get to leave today, which would mean coming to live with me the next day. She was getting more excited about it now.

Doctor Jenson walked into Ellie's room. She sat up and awaited the news to see if she was finally leaving the hospital,

"Well all the tests have come back very well. You're very lucky Ellie, that kind of overdose would usually kill. You're a tough girl you are. Your blood pressure is still low but that will come back up in time, your blood sugar level is rising back to normal, so just keep getting sugar and other goods into your system. Also make sure you get enough rest every now and then, stay active but try no to over do it. Other than that you're free to go, I'll go bring the discharge papers and let you get yourself ready then you can finally get out of here."

"Thank you." Me and Ellie said in unison.

"I'm finally getting out of here!" She smiled.

"Do you want me to come help you pack? Afterall you're moving in tomorrow, that way you can rest in between aswell." I suggested/

"You don't have to, I'm sure you have better things to do."

"Nope I'm free as a bird for 5 weeks. I'd love to help."

"Okay, thank you." She smiled back at me gratefully.

Ellie sat up and went into the bathroom to get changed into her normal clothes that I bought to the hospital for her. I gathered her bag and put everything that belonged to her inside it. She came back in and thanked me again. Once she had sat down again Doctor Jenson walked back in with the discharge papers. Both me and Ellie signed them and left the hospital after thanking them for all they had done.

"Ya know, he was quite good looking." Ellie smirked and laughed as we walked to my car.

"Ellie!" I laughed. "You're a bit young for him anyway, he's about my age." I winked

"Yeah yeah whatever, we'll just see." She laughed again.

This is the side of Ellie I wanna see more of, I love this side of her.

As we walked to my car in the parking lot I noticed paps in the distace taking pictures of us both. Ellie's eyes fixed onto them with a streak of fear flying through them. I took her hand for comfort again and walked a bit faster to the car. I don't know who it was who tipped off that I was here. Only Linda and the people at the children's home did and I knew Linda had some sort of decency, despite what kind of woman she is.

We got into the car and Ellie let a big breath out. A relieved breath.

"I'm sorry about that." I sadly smiled.