Chapter 4

When I got home, I slammed on my bed and never-ending tears came.

I don't know how long I was crying on my pillow, but I didn't eat dinner.

When I got up, I looked at the alarm clock on my phone and I saw it was 11:47PM. I looked at my puffy red eyes. I looked terrible.

Even with the pain, I was still able to wash up. I tried doing homework but my mind was filled by other thoughts.

Filled by thoughts of Sehun.

I can't believe it. He was out of my life. Everytime I thought about it, i felt like crying my heart out.

But I can't do anything. He chose being the Gangster King over me, he's best-- I mean ex-best friend.

It's funny. I wish I never knew he was the Gangster King. I wish I never fell for that jerk Sungkyu's trap!

My thoughts were disturbed by the doorbell.

"Who would it be at this hour?" I whispered to myself.

Then scary thoughts filled my head. Maybe it was a robber or a serial killer!

But maybe it was...

Sehun.

I was hoping he was the one at the door. If he apologized, I would run to his arms and forgive him. And accept him as the Gangster King, though it's hard.

When I opened the door, I was surprised with what I saw.

There were origami paper cranes in a line. And they were leading somewhere.

Who would make paper cranes in front of my doorstep? Who could make this much paper cranes?

Then it hit me and a soft smile escaped my lips.

My origami-addicted, psychotic ex best-friend.

Sehun.

I followed the paper cranes and it led me to a tree. A really huge tree that had a tree house on it.

I remember this! It was the tree house Sehun and I built as kids!
I felt like crying just remembering about it.

There was a paper attached to the tree.

You remember this? Cause I surely do. :)

-Sehun

I smiled as I read the note. But the paper crane tracks didn't stop there.

I followed them and I found a sweater lying on the floor.

I picked it up and I smelled a faint scent of Sehun's perfume on it. I rubbed my face on it.

Now I remember. This was the sweater I knitted for him last Christmas.

I giggled as I remembered his face when he opened my gift. He thought I bought him the Beats headphones he wanted.

I can't help it so I wore the blue sweater cause it was getting cold.

There was another note on it.

I hope you remember this, too. Cause I treasure this always. :)

- Sehun

I followed the paper cranes with a smile still stuck on my lips.

And they led me to a park near my house. The park was filled with lights hanging on the trees. It was like the sun was still up, though it was midnight.

There I saw a tall man in a polo and jeans. He was holding a boquet of yellow tulips, my favorite.

"Sehun. What's all this?" I looked at the picnic blanket and all the food on it.

He turned around and flashed me a breath-taking smile. He gave me the boquet and it gave out a sweet scent.

I put it down on the blanket and we both sat down.

He held out his hand and placed a strawberry in my mouth. They were my absolute favorites, too.

"Why are you doing this? Don't you hate me?" I asked him with a sad tone.

But he was still smiling. "I wanted to prove to you how much you mean to me. How much I know you. You stung me with your words. You said you didn't know me." He looked down and I felt the guilt come at me.

"And you're not wearing your bling or your jacket." I said, quite amused at his outfit.

"I want you to feel like you're with me before you knew I was The Gangster King." He said.

"Sehun, you know I didn't mean it. I was jealous... maybe." I said.

His eyes shot up. "You were jealous? I knew it." He smirked and I hit him playfully.

"That just slipped! No I wasn't!" I defended but he just smiled, unconvinced.

"But seriously. I felt like you chose being The Gangster King over me." I felt flushed admitting that to him.

He placed his face near mine. And before I knew it, we were nose-to-nose.

"You know I would never do that." I sighed and I could smell his minty breath. I just nodded, blushing like hell.

But then I felt him come closer, and we were inches apart. I gulped with what he was about to do.

This will be so much better than the kiss he shared with that flirt in a micro-mini skirt. I smirked.

When..

*krringgg* his phone rang and he pulled back.

"I gotta take this. Sorry." He said, frustrated. He silently cursed and he hit the answer button.

"Yeah, what do you want?!....Yeah...What?!...No...I said No!......Alright!....But....When?...... okay.." He put the phone down and I saw a worried look on his face.

I began to panic, too. What's going on?

"Sehun, what's wrong?" I looked at him and he did the same.

"I'm leaving."