Prologue 💫

"Fate, Destiny, Doom, kismet, Serendipity - they are all the same. "

*Aahaan's POV*

There's an ancient Chinese proverb that whispers the truth that says  "Invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." Fate, an intangible force, plays its hand in the most unexpected ways.

The irony of life struck me that day. I had never believed in fate; to me, it was all mere nonsense until she stepped into my life.

I had let her slip away once, and i was convinced that I wanted her out of my life. Little did I know, destiny had other plans. There she stood, delicate and beautiful, a vision that both captivated and terrified me. The past haunted my present, reminding me of the heart I had once broken.

As the priest uttered those words, "You may put the ring in her third finger," the room fell silent, and time seemed to halt. Her gaze pierced through me, holding back tears. I recognized the pain I had caused, and the fear of breaking her heart again gripped me.

"You may put the ring in her third finger," the priest reiterated, his voice was a gentle reminder of the commitment we were about to make.

The room buzzed with the energy of a union, but my mind echoed with the ghosts of my past mistakes.

I stood there with shaky hands. I could feel everyone's eyes fixated on us but i just couldn't bring myself to slip that damn ring onto her finger.

Leaning close to me, she whispered, "It's alright if you don't want to put the ring. You still have time to be the runaway groom. I won't stop you."

"And here I thought you loved me," I retorted.

Her response was cold, "I never loved you."

"Keep telling that to yourself," I scoffed, concealing the ache her words inflicted.

She challenged me, "Do it, or else I'll become the runaway bride. The damage it would cause to your family's reputation won't be mended even in your next seven lives."

Reputation be damned. In that moment, my world narrowed to her. I was willing to sacrifice it all just to restore the happiness I had taken away from her. That was the truth she didn't need to know just yet.

I finally did what everyone was waiting for.

Then she slipped the ring onto my finger, mirroring my indifference. Applause filled the room, but her happiness was hard to find.

As the applause subsided, the reality of our union sank in. We were taking a big step. Either this will become the reason that would lead to our downfall or be the anchor that will steady us in the storm. But we were together and that's what mattered. Even though she hated me at that moment, I was prepared to do everything i could do or more to win her back. I was determined to rewrite our story, to make her see what I had seen the moment our paths crossed - that she was mine, and it was only a matter of time before she saw that too.

--------------

Hola beautiful people 💖
So, here comes the prologue!!!!!! ✨

But first things first, How you doin'??

I was pretty excited when I was writing the prologue and I still am as I just couldn't wait to make the story I once called mine, yours. ✨ Also, What do you think about the prologue? What must have happened that led Nitisha to hate Aahaan? I hope you are as excited as I am for Aahaan and Nitisha's story to unfold.

5 things to remember today -

• You are valuable.
• You are enough.
• You are strong.
• You are worth it.
• You matter.

Have a fantastic day 💞
~Love, Meera

For more updates and spoilers, follow me on Instagram - meera_writes13.
Also, if you have any suggestions regarding the story, feel free to DM!!

Andddd Don't forget to vote ;)