Chapter 2 - Welcome Recruits!

John POV

September 15 1914

I finally enlisted with my friends and got my uniform, we're now waiting for the train in the Wedgehurst train station. It's official. I'm finally in the military. Well, not really, but after basic training I will. I wonder if my mother noticed I was gone.

Thomas: "Hey John, what are you writing there?"

John: "Just a little journal..."

Thomas: "Ooh, can I see it?"

I close my journal and shook my head.

John: "No."

Thomas: "Oh come on, pleeeaaassse..."

John: "No."

Thomas then tries to snatch my journal but I resist.

John: "For the love of Arceus, John. Stop."

Thomas: "Nah, mate. Let me see it!"

Archie: "Hey guys, the train is coming!"

We both stop and I put my journal in my bag. When the train arrives, we step in and sit down on a random spot. While one the trip to wherever we're going, I see multiple recruits who used to be trainers before this, play with their pokemon during the ride. I smile at the sight. Then the train stops at the next station where other soldiers head in.

Henry: "Psst. Hey guys look out the window."

Me, Archie and Thomas look out the window and see six female recruits lining up and getting in the train.

Henry then whispers to us.

Henry: "You guys reckon that I should try to talking to them?"

Thomas chuckles.

Thomas: Sure go ahead mate. Just don't get embarrassed or get your arse beaten."

Me and Archie snickers at what Thomas said.

Henry: "Don't worry, I won't."

Henry then stands up and walks to where the female recruits are seated.

John: "Good luck, mate!"

I whispered, then me, Thomas and Archie watch and see what'll happen. 

Henry: "Hey ladies."

The six female recruits look at him.

Female Recruit 1: "Uhh hey?"

Henry: "So, what brings you girls here?"

Female Recruit 2: "To fight, duh."

Henry: "O-oh yeah, I forgot that's why everyone's here..."

From our seats we laugh quietly and we keep watching.

Henry: "Anyways you girls wanna d-"

Female Recruit 3: "Look, mate. Can you please leave us alone? We're tired here."

Henry: "Well, maybe I can be an assis-"

The third female recruit then pulls out a pokeball.

Archie: "Ooh, looks like he's gonna be in trouble."

Archie whispered.

The female recruit then presses the button of the pokbeall and what comes out is a dark and steel type pokemon, Pawniard. 

It grabs the collar of Henry's uniform and points it's other blade to his throat

It grabs the collar of Henry's uniform and points it's other blade to his throat. Henry gulps and backs away.

Henry: "Alright, alright, I get it..."

He then walks back to our seat and sees us three dying laughing quietly.

Thomas: "Told you!"

He whispered while wheezing silently.

Henry: "Shut up..."

Time skip

It has been a one and a half hours since we got on the train. I don't know when we'll arrive to our destination. Every recruit are sleeping other than me and few others. I still can't wait till we do basic training. Who knows, maybe I will get my own pokemon during basic training. But for now I just have to wait, and see.

I finish writing then I close my journal and sigh. I look out the window of the train and stare at the rainy area. 

"I wonder when we'll arrive..." I thought. I sigh and put my journal in my bag, then I lean back against my seat.

"Guess I should take a nap..." I thought as I close my eyes and fall asleep.

After thirty minutes, I hear the train of the door open and a loud tough voice shout.

???: "Wake up recruits!" 

We all flinched and wake up to the sudden shout. I rub my eyes and look at the person who shouted.

DS: "Alright, I am Drill Sergeant Arthur! You will call me Drill Sergeant. And the last thing I want to hear from your mouth is Drill Sergeant! Is that understood?!"

"Yes, Drill Sergeant!" We all shout.

DS: "Good! Now I want any pokemon that are out of their pokeball back in! If that's done or if you have no pokemon with you, get the hell out of the train and form a single file line! Understood?!"

"Yes, Drill Sergeant!" We all yell, then he gets off the bus.

Thomas: "We're finally here. Come on mates. Let's go."

We nod and leave the train. 

We're finally here. I can't wait for basic training. Can't be that tough and hard, right?

To be continued...