Chapter 3 - New Partner!

Edit changes: Correcting some spellings.

John POV

It's been one hour since we arrived in the base located in Wnydon. We lined up in the training area with other recruits from different towns and cities. There was a lot of recruits here, but I wasn't surprised. There's a war going on and it makes sense a lot of us will enlist to fight. 

The Drill Sergeant is going through every recruit in the line, shouting for their name, where they from, and why we enlisted. But he skipped a few recruits. Why? We don't know.

DS: "You!"

He said referring to Archie.

DS: "What's your name, private?!"

Archie: "A-Archie Baker, Drill Sergeant sir!"

DS: "Private Baker, Where are you from?"

Archie: "P-Postwick, Drill Sergeant!"

DS: "Why are you stuttering, Private Archie? Are you afraid of me? Is that why?"

Archie gulped.

Archie: "I-I'm not afraid, Drill Sergeant!"

DS: "Well good! The Army doesn't need a sissy for this war! Anyways, why did you enlist, Private Baker?"

Archie: "To f-fight for Galar and protect her allies, Drill Sergeant!"

DS: "Good! Are you willing to die for the future of humanity and pokemon, Private Baker?"

Archie: "Y-yes Drill Sergeant..."

DS: "I didn't hear you! Say it again, and make it louder!"

Archie: "I said yes, Drill Sergeant!"

DS: "Good."

He then goes on with his thing with Henry, then Thomas. After those two, it was my turn.

DS: "What's your name, Private?!"

John: "John Schofield, Drill Sergeant sir!"

DS: "Schofield? So you're the son of Blake Schofield, is that right?"

John: "Yes Drill Sergeant!"

DS: "Well then, why'd you enlist?"

John: "To fight for Galar and avenge my father, Drill Sergeant!"

DS: "Good! Now I expect you to be as good as him and kill Johto rats. Understood?"

John: "Yes Drill Sergeant!"

The Drill Sergeant nods and continues to do his thing with the other privates. After thirty minutes of that screaming to other recruits, he claps, then his Urshifu comes in with a table, with a lot of poke balls placed on it.

DS: "Whoever has no pokemon step forward!"

Me, Thomas, Henry, Archie, and 15 more recruits step forward.

DS: "Now, I want you chaps to choose your pokemon wisely! Once you picked your partner, you cannot exchange them! After that, you'll get back in line! Is that understood?"

"Yes Drill Sergeant!" 

We then go over to the table and choose our pokemon. Most of the recruits including my friends had already picked theirs, but I was still thinking. After the rest were done picking, it was just me.

DS: "Private Schofield, you better hurry up, mate! Time is money!"

I nod, and act quick. I didn't know which one to choose, until I see one poke ball that has a white furred rabbit with orange and yellow markings on its ears, toes, and neck. It was looking at me determined. I knew I had to pick him.