Enchanted (2)

Idol(s): Jennie
Genre: Angst/Fluff
TW: Mentions of blood, death, suicide etc.

Scenario: They met again. Can Y/N make Jennie stay this time? [Non-idol AU]

[A/N: Your name in the initial part of the story is Y/F/N (any preferred name)]

*Third Person's POV*

January 1815.

Medical Base. War Zone, North America.

"Y/F/N!!!" A girl with doe-like eyes shouts at the tall girl who is busy mixing the medicines.

Y/F/N turns her head back. "What!?"

The doe-eyed girl raises a paper in hand, waving it. "Letter from Ruby Jane!!!!" She yells excitedly.

Y/F/N smiles brightly, leaving her work and rushing to the short girl. But before Y/F/N could get the paper in her hand, the former hid the paper.

"Yah, Lili! Give it to me." The tall girl whines.

The doe-eyed girl named Lili giggles. "I will, but you have to let me read it as well!"

"No way!" Y/F/N teases, snatching the paper from Lili's hands.

"Aah!! Why not!?" Lili whines with a pout.

"This is not just a letter. My Ruby wrote this with all the love in the world for me. Just for me. So, only I am allowed to read it." The tall girl says proudly, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Fine!" The doe-eyed girl huffs.

"Don't pout! You will find someone as soon as we get out of here."

"Oh, yeah, about that. We are going home soon."

Y/F/N's eyes widen. "What do you mean?"

"I overheard the Generals talk. The war is ending soon."

The tall girl chuckles gratefully.

"Let your Ruby know you are coming home, Y/F/N."

Y/F/N kisses Lili's cheeks excitedly, running to a secluded area under a tree to read the letter.

My love,

The days without you here are getting longer. I don't know how much long. I hope you can just magically appear on your side of the bed when I lay there awake, thinking of the warmth of your arms.
I hope for you so much and feel so eager for you, feel that I cannot wait, feel that now I must have you — that the expectation once more to see your face again makes me feel hot and feverish, and my heart beats so fast.
Come fast soon, my dear. I love you.

Yours,
RJ

Y/F/N smiles as she finishes reading the letter. Her heart pangs, seeing the teardrops that have dried down on the paper, smudging the ink. She kisses the words, holding the paper close to her heart, taking a deep breath.

She responded that night to the letter that she would be home soon.

Y/F/N and Ruby Jane grew up together in the same neighbourhood. The two of them lost their parents at a young age due to different reasons, and they kept each other going. Eventually, from childhood friends, the two grew closer to lovers, passionately and deeply in love with each other.

The couple was settled in the States near the Potomac River. Though they were still best friends in everyone's eyes, within the walls of their house, they fell in love with each other more and more every day.

And that's when the 1812 war began.

Since Y/F/N had studied medicine, she was forcefully recruited, along with other youngsters, to serve in the medical units on the battlefield.