| Faint | 21 |

I woke up and couldn't open my eyes. Or move at all really, I can't tell where I am. I think I'm still on the ground on the parking lot, I can kind of feel the asphalt underneath me. I can't really hear anything, is the fight still going on? My ears start to ring and I can start to hear stuff but it sounds so echo-y. I can hear more words start to form and hear distant voices, I can hear what sounds like Pony talking to Soda,

"I said too much didn't I?"Pony asks

"Little bit, bud" Soda says back

Pony sighs "At least I didn't say it in front of Johnny."

"Yeah, Two liking her has crushed him enough." I'm sorry what. "I wonder if she knows," she does now "Girls always have a sort of sixth sense about that kind of thing"

"Really?" Pony sounds worried

"Yeah- hey where is Stacy by the way?" Five feet behind you on the ground.

"I dunno" I can almost hear Pony shrug

"Thank you that is very helpful. No come on and help me find her, hopefully she isn't making out with some rando in a car" is that his opinion of me drunk? I mean it's not entirely wrong, but it wouldn't be some random person.

Pony and Soda's footsteps disappear so I know I won't be found yet. I can't hear anything else of interest just Dally yelling at Two to fight. My head began to throb so hard it drowned out the commotion of the fight. I felt like I was going to pass out again but then the wave of pain passed and my head stopped throbbing.

More waves of off and on throbbing come and go, I feel like I'm stuck in a dark room unable to move and just kind of stuck. The words Soda said echo in my mind over and over, Two-Bit likes me? I mean I guess he has been acting nicer than normal but I just thought he was growing out of his "I've got a thing for blondes" and being an ass phase. Did he say something to Johnny to make him stop talking to me? Hang on- I'm focusing on the wrong thing here.

I'm laying on the ground unable to move and my head pounding, I don't know why I passed out. Hopefully I'm just exhausted or something, I hate fainting. Maybe this is like a fainting version of sleep paralysis? I haven't had sleep paralysis in years, but this is what it feels like, awake but unable to move or control my body. What hell is going on?

I wait for someone to find me just laying there, the fight ends but I can't tell who won, I can't hear any of our celebratory or mournful voices. But I can the crown get louder, and it sound like it's getting closer, then I hear the familiar voices.

"Nice Two-Bit!" Dallas says

"Thanks man! Now where's Stacy, I'm hungry." I forgot about that

"We can't find her." Soda says concerned. Just look behind you.

"What do you mean you can't find her?" I hear Johnny of all people say. He sounds mad.

"I mean she got up and then we never saw her again!" Pony yells. I. Am. Right. Herrreeeee. This is so wildly infuriating to be right under their noses and they don't even know it.

"You two go that way, Me and Johnny will check over there and you stay here 'case she comes back." Dally says. I hear footsteps disband and I'm left to listening to nothing, this is so dumb. Out of all the times and places to faint. . .

I no longer have a perception of time so I don't know how much time is passing. I hear frantic footsteps come and go but they never find me.

"Shit man, what the hell are we going to do?" I've never heard Johnny voice like that, but the voices are so close. They must be on the side of my truck

"Calm down, it'll be alright" Dallas says

"It'll be alright?? You of all people should know how horrible the people are in this town and what if someone kidnapped her? What if-" I think Dallas hugs him.

"Look we'll find her okay? Hopefully someone just took her home to sober up and she'll be back in the morning. Nope. I'm literally three feet away, if you were observant at all you would have noticed.

"I love her Dal, I can't lose her." What the fuck. Two and Johnny in one night? I hate tonight.

"Come on let's keep looking." The footsteps leave and I'm alone. Again. This is so maddening. Is it really that dark to the point where they can't see me?

I want to cry but I no longer have control of that so I don't do anything. "Has anyone checked inside the truck?" Soda says. No audible response. "Let's check" I hear my truck door open which will turn on all the inside lights but I don't know if that's enough to see me. "Dammit." Walk two feet, look down.

"Nothing?" Two asks

"Nope" Ponyboy says

"Alright time to get desperate," I hear the creaking of my trucks metal under feet. Two-Bit screams out my name and it echos across the parking lot. Look. Down. I hear Two-Bit try to get down but he slips and I hear him roll down the front of my truck, if this motherfucker doesn't see me I'll kill him when I can move.

"Holy shit. . . Stacy?" His voice is so gentle it sounds like a different guy "I found her!" He yells out

"Really?" Johnny asks out of breath

"Unless there's another blonde in jeans and an Elvis shirt who happened to faint that no one else is looking for."

I hear more chatter for the gang and I feel myself get lifted into someone's arms. "Let's get her back to your place, maybe Darry will know what to do." Its Dallas. I felt the vibrations in his chest when he spoke "Two you drive Steve's truck and Steve you come drive Stacy's, Ponyboy, Soda, and Two need to pile into Steve's truck"

"Why can't I drive my own truck?" Steve asks

"Because you're a better driver and we all know Stacy will disown all of us if we wreck her car." He's not wrong. "So go get in the truck."

I feel myself get laid on the  back seats of my truck and Dally and Steve hop in. "Eventful night huh?" Steve starts my truck and begins driving. "I hope she's okay, she doesn't usually pass out when she's drunk," I'm not drunk! In my head I scream it as loud as I can.

"What was that?" Dallas says

Steve clears his throat "I think that was her," I made a sound? "Maybe she's waking up?" Maybe

"Let's just get to the Curtis's."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I wrote this chapter and the last one at 3 am so they might suck but I like em
Thanks for reading!!

Word count : 1188