| Punch | 32 |

I thought today was going to be a good day.  I dropped my stuff off at my house and even made breakfast for my brothers and I.

When August woke up and saw me in the kitchen eating he rushed over to me.

He wrapped his arms around me "I'm sorry, I really am I was mad and just wanted to say something that would make you mad and it just slipped out. And you're right, Mom isn't the same anymore, she barely even acknowledged me and Theo's existence, I'm sorry."

I have him a reassuring squeeze "It's okay August. Now eat." He sits down and fills his plate, he scarfs down his entire meal in about five minutes. He leaves to go get ready just as Theo comes down the stairs, already dressed.

"Hey you're back!" He says "did you do something to your hair?" He begins putting food on his plate

"Yup, I used that stuff you and August got me. Thanks by the way." I wash off my plate and put it on the drying rack.

       I chat with him for a little bit, he asks me about the Curtis's and I reluctantly tell him about last night. I leave out the part with Johnny though. I ask him about his time with mom and he tells me that she took them bowling, took them out for meals almost everyday, and bought them anything they wanted. He said she was all over Clark the whole time too.

        After Theo finished I cleaned up and put the leftovers in the fridge. I drove us all to school and sat in the parking lot for twenty minutes after my brothers got out and just sat there trying to mentally prepare myself for school. I was almost late to first period and my teacher was not happy.

          The day was mediocre. Four tests and one project consumed my thoughts and made me stressed. I talked to Leah about last night, including the Johnny bit.

She hits my shoulder "You're joking!"

I've got the biggest smile on my face "Nope. It really happened, I'm still reeling from it."

"Good for you! But that officially makes me the only one out of all my friends is single." She rolls her eyes

"Is there anyone you like? Maybe I can step you up or help you, like be your wingman."

"Well... there's this guy.. Steve Randle" oh no "He's really cute and super nice, I've been friends with him for a couple years now and I like him."

This is going to be terrible "Leah... he has a girlfriend. In California. And she's my childhood friend." I can see the light in her eyes die.

"Oh. Ok." She looks so sad "Hey if they break up tell me." She laughs but she looks like she's about to cry.

      We work on our projects for the rest of the period. We have to make a dress and then wear it to school Friday. I'm making a formal dress with an old pattern from the early 50s. I'm using some pretty brown gingham fabric for the skirt and top and cream for the edges.

      The rest of the day was boring, but Pony kept me entertained in sixth by telling me every little detail about his date with Josie. He is so smitten it's adorable. He walked her back to her house, and apparently she's got a pretty sister too. He doesn't know her name but he said she's a senior like me.

He says he's going to see the Paul Newman movie with her next week. What is it with those two and movies? I told him to take her out to dinner or something but the movies.