Night of the Graduation Ceremony

Another two years later—now, the year was 850—they've been training nonstop everyday for the whole two years. They had one year left.

             Armyn panted as they ran. He could feel his boots getting caught in the mud and freezing cold rain water running down his back. He was running next to Armin, the two of them falling behind.
             "Jaeger! Arlert! What's wrong, your boots waterlogged?" Saidies mocked, and Armyn sucked in a breath before attempting to pick up the pace. "Hustle, hustle! Your gear too heavy, Arlert? Leave it in the mud, make it easier for the titans to digest."
             Armyn looked back at him as Saidies rode further up with his horse. "Here," he backed up a bit to take Armin's gear off him. "We're being graded on this, I don't want you to get marked off too much." He smiled at him.
             Armin blushed a little, but his face was already red from the cold. "Thanks, but won't you get marked off for helping me?"
             "Not if you don't snitch." He winked. "Now come on, let's catch up. We should be almost done, we can get back and dry off."
             "You really don't have to do that for me..." Armin looked down as they ran. "I need to carry my own weight."
             "Are you really gonna tell me to risk you not graduating? I can't—" he coughed, "Eren can't just go on without you."
             Suddenly, Armin's eyes flickered with determination. "I refuse to be a burden to you, Armyn!" He took his pack back from Armyn and started running further up. Armyn laughed and ran to catch up.
             "There you go, that's the spirit!" He cheered.

             When they finally got back, drying off from being in the rain, the cadets were all laughing together. Armyn, unfortunately for Eren, ended up becoming really good friends with Sasha, Connie and Jean over the last two years. Armin sat and hung out with them too, as Armin was extremely close to Armyn. Armin got up to get more food at one point, and Sasha nudged Armyn hard in the side with her elbow. "Ow, hey!" He winced. "What was that for?"
             "Don't act like no one's noticed. You're really close to Armin." She spoke in a sing-songy tone.
             Connie snickered a little. He clasped his fingers together and spoke in a baby voice. "Oh, Armin, I'll carry your bag for you! Oh, Armin, I wouldn't be able to keep going without you!"
             Armyn blushed deeply. "Wh-What? What are you implying?" He huffed. "Of course I'm close to Armin. We grew up together, we share a name..."
             Jean shook his head, smirking a little. "Nah, don't play dumb, Min. You know exactly what we mean. You get all goo-goo eyed, you practically kiss the ground he walks on, everyone sees it."
             "You wanna talk goo-goo eyes? What about Marco?" Armyn put his hands on his hips. Jean blushed.
             "This isn't about me!"
             Eren sighed. He was sitting behind Armyn at another table with Mikasa. "As much as I hate to agree with Jean... you can't really deny it. You're pretty in love with Armin, you have been for a long time."
             As Eren spoke, Connie and Sasha were singing "Armyn and Armin sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" together.
             "What? Not you too." Armyn huffed. "I don't know what you're talking about. I am not in love with—"
             "Hey! Sorry, there was a line, and then I had to go to the bathroom, and then the line got bigger somehow..." Armin sat down with a relieved sigh. "What were you guys talking about?"
             Connie made a stupid face. "Ohh nothing, just how Min is in love with—"
"THIS BREAD!" Armyn laughed nervously, picking up a piece of the bread they were given everyday. "I, um... looove this bread!"
Armin scrunched his nose. "Seriously? It's always super stale though..."
"It's my guilty pleasure!" He grinned and took a bite. He could barely even bite into it. "Mmm!"
"Right... well, if you want you can have mine." He laughed a little, and Armyn nodded quickly even though he really hated this bread. Jean, Connie and Sasha sure had a good laugh about it, and Eren wouldn't let him live it down either.