Starlust Crusaders Part 2 - Tale of the Lustland

The beams of light begin to bathe the room, warming up the morning chill of a new day. Caelus is sitting on the floor, leaning his back on the counter, his two lovers sleeping on each side with pieces of their clothing as improvised blankets. They had just gone through an incredibly joyful night, but also a very tiring one. Even he can't shake off his weary eyes.

Allowing himself the rest, he closes his eyes and focuses on the sounds of breathing surrounding him. They help him relax... and then a laugh, one he doesn't recognize. Distant, almost a whisper, a breeze. He opens his eyes again only to see that both Serval and March are still asleep, even though he heard it so clearly, that sound did not come from them.

"March, hey, did you say anything?" he asks, lightly tapping her shoulder.

In response March only grumbles without opening her eyes. Suddenly he hears the turning of a key unlocking the door, steps crossing the threshold. A head of short, blue hair, a face with wide, green eyes. Molly walks in. Serval's assistant is immediately struck with shock, her eyes glare in disbelief, her mouth agape, producing no sound. The view in front of her is nothing she could ever expect to see.

"Oh, hi, Molly, haha, you're here early..." Caelus says, awkwardly trying to wake up March and Serval. "Serval, please wake up. Serval, Molly is here, help me please..."

The sleeping beauties finally awaken, slowly opening their eyes and yawning. "Caelus, what is it? It's only been a few minutes, we can keep going after we rest." Serval mumbles with a hoarse voice.

"No, Serval. Molly is here, we need to go, now." he replies, trying to cover himself as he gets up.

"Ah, Molly, what are you doing here so early?"

No reply. Molly can't speak, move or even blink. The shock has completely frozen her in place. She stands still as the lovers hastily get dressed, tripping and bumping into each other as they hop into their clothes.

As fast as they can, Caelus and March walk past Molly with only a faint greeting before exiting the room. March doesn't waste the chance to take a snapshot of Molly's expression, finding it really funny.

"I will send you guys a text later so we can talk about that thing, ok?" Serval shouts before they disappear from view.

Caelus and March feel the cold air on their skin as they walk back to the hotel. Though it is early, the streets are already starting to crowd with the usual bustle.

"Well, that was quite a way to start the day." March says with a giggle.

"At least we won't be the ones having to explain it. I wonder how Serval is going to handle that."

" Hey, I'm really beat, can we go to our room and just sleep until she calls us? Also, I'm hungry."

"Sure, let's indulge and get room service!" Caelus declares, raising his fist in the air.

"Yay!"

Soft and warm, the bed gives them the comfort they need to recover after so much exercise. They both have a dreamless sleep, so drained they are. Caelus is once again interrupted by the same laughter. It is a bit clearer this time, he can almost hear this strange voice calling out his name, a shiver runs down his spine. The beeping of an alert of his phone wakes him up.

Caelus looks around, the light of the sun already high in the sky seeps through the gaps of the curtain. March is still lying beside him, in deep sleep. Once again he wonders if she was the one calling him, laughing at his ear. His phone beeps one more time.

He picks it up to check the messages. "March, wake up. Serval is calling us back to the workshop. Let's go."

"Hmm, no... five more minutes, please." she mumbles, turning to the other side and pulling the blankets.