Starlust Crusaders Part 4 - Lady and the Tramp Part 2 - Lust is Truth

"Wow, I didn't know Nat was like that." March said while taking another bite of her pie.

Caelus had returned in the early afternoon and met her at the hotel's restaurant for lunch. He finished his own dessert and smiled. "Things got pretty crazy, it surprised me too."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you can spend the whole night out without telling me anything, mister! I get that the whole thing with Nat kept you busy, but you could've at least texted me."

"I know and I'm sorry! I got caught up and didn't think about it. Won't happen again."

"Fine then, I'm over it anyway," she took the last bite, emptying her plate, and signaled the waiter for more pie. "Still, we have to think about how we're doing this. Do you have any ideas?"

Caelus winced. He would have to borrow money from Dan Heng again. "I'm not sure. I have a general ideal, but nothing specific. I'm hoping to figure it out by tonight at the meeting."

"We can't let them down. When I was hanging out with Serval yesterday she seemed fine, but I could tell she isn't too happy about it either. I know we have to go at some point, but we can't just leave them like this."

"I know. Ugh... it's my fault. I should've thought of that from the start. We're so much more than friends now. I'm not even sure if my idea is going to work."

"Hmm, ya know, thinking about it... shouldn't it be simpler? Before all this you said that we are going to teach everyone to feel how we do. Our love, right? They felt it with you already, so how do we get them to feel that with each other? They could pass that on, like a chain! A chain of love! If we do that, then even when we leave it won't be so sad."

"Yeah, but to do that we're going to need a lot of help. The work is going to be hard and long. We're going to have a lot of back and forth, ups and downs, again and again. It's going to be exhausting. Our limits will be tested!"

March suddenly gets up and slaps the table, disregarding her surroundings with a scream. "But love conquers all in the end! We will show everyone!"

"Err... Miss, your pie?" the waiter was standing behind her, startled by her outburst.

"Oh! Cream pie, my favorite!"

Caelus could now faintly hear the sound of their kiss through the door. His ear pressed so hard to the wood it almost left a mark. He was ready to make an entrance now that everything had gone according to plan, then they just kept going. He smiled, wishing he could watch what was about to unfold, but this moment could afford no interruptions.

Seele had her back against the wall, and if not for that she would have fallen to the floor. The kiss that immediately followed their confession had completely demolished her balance. Her head was spinning and her heart was thumping loudly. When Bronya finally backed away from her lips she could see that her confusion was mutual.

Bronya looked down, her face flushed and flustered, then she turned around. "I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me. I heard those words and I... I just..."

"It's ok..." is all that Seele could manage to say.

"But I did it so suddenly! And without even asking you first? What am I doing?"

Seele takes a deep breath trying to calm herself. Though there was a lot she wanted to say, she knows herself, and Bronya, well enough to know this is not a moment for words. With two wide and decisive steps she reaches Bronya and turns her around by the shoulder. Once again they're face to face, and it only takes a second before they kiss again. Brief and sweet.

"If you hadn't done it I probably would have, princess."

They can do nothing but stare at each other, all the words that had gone unspoken for months now understood in the depth of their souls. There is nothing to be said anymore. Bronya approaches and Seele closes her eyes just as their mouths touch. Gently and slowly, savoring each other, their lips, their tongues. It's all so new, all so enticing.