Chapter 10

Wayne Xavier

"Wax please" mabilis akong nahawakan ni Isabel kaya huminto ako. "Saglit lang, please?"

"Isabel, I appreciate you coming all the way back to the Philippines to speak to me personally" huminga ako ng malalim. "But what you want right now does not make any sense"

"May sense! I love you! You know that I love you at alam kong mahal mo ako"

"Isabel, nag usap na tayo before I got married, tinanong kita kung anong gusto mo, you said you wanted to pursue your career and I will no longer hold you back, so please don't hold me back anymore. I don't want to say this because naging parte ka din ng buhay ko for a very long time" I slowly removed her hand. "I am married now"

"Wax, please" she started crying.

"I'm married" pag uulit ko. "And my wife is pregnant, I-I don't want to give her any stress as much as possible"

"Hindi ka nya gusto, hindi nya gusto ang bata! Hindi nya gustong magka anak! Don't you know her? She's Ilora Georgina, the city's rebel! Everyone probably slept with her already!"

"Stop" I firmly said.

"Makinig ka sakin Wax"

"You listen to me instead, Isabel" I gathered my strength and looked at her. "I don't care who Ilora is before, what is important right now is us, and our child, as her husband, I won't tolerate you badmouthing my wife"

"Wife" Isabel said that again. "I was supposed to be your wife!"

"But what did you do? I didn't want to rush you but I waited, you cancelled our wedding for the third time already pero I didn't give up, I wanted to wait and continue to understand you but this happened and maybe this is what is bound to really happen! Baka ito talaga ang para sa atin, you pursuing the path you wanted and me being with Ilora"

"No Wax! Don't say that! You don't know her"

"Aalis na ako" tinalikuran ko na sya.

"I am willing to be a mistress"

I didn't bother to look at her.

"You can, but not just to me"

I continued to walk back inside the hospital kahit na lumakas ng husto ang pag iyak nya.

It hurts me, masakit pa rin sa akin ang lahat dahil minahal ko si Isabel for years. She was my world. I might look like a douche bag to all of you pero I planned to do my best for my wife and child.

I might not love her right now pero I believe love is about choosing to stay with someone no matter what.

And from the day I married Ilora, I promised to everyone, to God that I will continue to choose her everyday.

I didn't have any surgery for that day kaya naman nakatambay ako sa ER kung saan si Harper ang kasama ko.

"Bro, alam ko na anong regalo ko sa anak mo paglabas" sabi nito sakin.

"Wag sana kagaguhan" I told him.

"Grabe ang sama mo sa akin, ako ang pinakamabait sa inyo" sagot nito.