Decorating

Thank you all so much for 700 reads!!!!!!! It means so much to me that people are reading my work and k know it's cringy but I hope you guys enjoy it :)

TW: mention of parent loss and grief

You and Tom had been going out for 2 years, friends for 7 and living together for 1, and everything was going amazingly. You were both extremely close with each others family members, and got together for Christmas every year either that be in Tom's hometown, Birmingham or going Ottawa, were you grew up. For this year tho, all of your guys family were coming to your new apartment in NYC for the perfect Christmas. The only thing missing was Tom's dad, he unfortunately passed away when Tom was only 15, right before the Christmas season which made the holidays hard for Tom, but you always knew how to make each other feel better.

One night, you two were decorating your apartment for Christmas and he comes across a box with books and photos from past holiday seasons. He begins looking through the box and you notice, walking over to sit next to him on the couch and leaning over his shoulder.

"It feels like forever ago." He says, pulling out a photo of the two of you from a freshman year Christmas party at Juilliard.

"Yeah, to be honest I don't remember much of that night." You remember how drunk you were and how Tom had carried you back to your dorm like a perfect gentleman.

"Hahaha, you know that was one of the first nights I realized you were the girl I wanted to spend forever with, I think it was actually right when you threw up on me." Tom chuckles and you punch him playfully.

"Oh no I forgot about that, but peppermint schnapps really don't come to play!" You say, leaning in further into Tom's shoulder as you both chuckle.

"I can't argue on that one." Tom flips to the next photo, a picture of him with his father and little brother from his last Christmas with him. "Oh, I uh, I forgot about this, you know Carter was not happy when my mom gave him that sweater." His mood immediately went down as his voice cracked.

"Tom, I can't begin to imagine how this feels, especially at such a young age losing your dad must be so..." you look into his eyes that start to fill with tears as you rub his back, which causes you to well up

"Baby, don't ever feel bad, okay, it's not your fault and surely I'll never get over it and it's always gonna be tough but I'm learning to cope with it every day, I just I just can't believe it's been 13 years." Tom says with a sigh

"It's crazy, but the important thing is that you have all the amazing memories from the awesome times you two spent together so he'll always be in your heart and unfortunately I never got to meet him but hearing the way you talk about him and falling in love with the beautiful soul he raised makes me really wish I did, because I'm sure he was an amazing man." You say, gazing into Tom's beautiful eyes and wiping a tear off his cheek.

"You're right darling, he was an amazing man and I am forever grateful for the time I got to spend with him, it it just sucks that Carter never really got to know him I mean he was only five when he passed and I just wish he had a father figure in his life."

"Baby, have you heard the way your brother talks about you? I'm 10000% sure that you are the father figure and big brother he needs, I mean you practically raised him."

"I suppose it was just really hard for all of us after he passed and I'm just so glad that I can give them everything we didn't have growing up now."

"And that's one of the reasons I love you, you do so much for your mom and your siblings and me and your the best son and brother for your family and the most amazing boyfriend a girl could ask for and I'm sure someday an amazing husband and father as well." I say, pecking him in the lips after he smiles at the mention of him being a father

"Thank you darling I love you more than I could ever explain."

"I love you too forever and always" I sigh, and lye down in his lap as he plays with my hair.

The rest of the evening is calm, you two look through some more photos and finish decorating while listening to Christmas music and dancing around your apartment. And of course, the evening wouldn't be complete without some wine and a few croissants (iykyk ;)). After everything, you take a relaxing bath and drift off to sleep wrapped in the comfort of Tom's arms.

Alright!!!!!!!! I hope you enjoyed that, and yes I'm extremely sorry for how cringy it was, but I at least hope you guys thought it was cute, also thank you all again for 700 reads!!!!!!!! It's so surreal that people are actually reading my work and it means the world to me :), also I'll try to update agin today!!!! Also, croissanicles, I hope I'm not the only one who's seen Tom's stories because they're actually so funny. Alright, thank you all so much again!!!!! :)