My New Home

Alyssa's POV

The main tent is huge. It's not like those tents you see on movies, those are big. I'm talking huge, it's like a palace. Well, not quite, maybe a little smaller. Okay, a lot smaller, but they're basically the same thing, right? Anyway, size aside, it was full of stuff too, and not just bright colors that can blind you if you stare at it too long. 

Inside The Circus...

There were boxes near the entrance containing equipment and costumes. At the back of the tent was the tightrope and a mini trapeze area. To the left was Brennan and Tyler, training with baby animals(all rescues). On the right were other members of the circus, each practicing their own stunts and tricks, preparing for the next show, which, according to Lily, would happen in 2 days, the last act for this town, before leaving. 

The other tents were smaller, 4 housing groups of 5. There was a dining tent, although many times the circus would eat outside. There was an area to keep the animals(again, most were rescues, picked up at a young age), including ones from all over the world, elephants, tigers, small horses and ponies, mini monkeys and also birds. And obviously, there was a performance tent, it was even bigger than the main one, with stands all around the stage, multiple lights shining down, and even a small stand selling food to feed to the performing animals.

"So all of the animals are rescues from basically every place on Earth, we aren't allowed to abuse them or hurt them, we're supposed to treat them equally and respect them. Basically everybody here was picked up from a bullshit place they hated and they don't know when they'll leave the circus, most people pretty much plan to stay here their entire lives. The tents are huge, I'll be sharing one with you, Daniel, Tyler and Brennan as your fifth room mate-"

"Tent mate."

"Tent mate, whatever. Anyway, I'll basically be living with you guys for the rest of my time here, we're supposed to become like, a family or something. And you guys have no idea what I'm going to perform. Also the food here is somehow delicious," Alyssa finishes.

Lily replies,

"YeP, Barnaby, he's the guy who brought us all here by the way, he's thinking you should start off with something simple, like...uh, you wouldn't happen to know how to juggle, would you? That's about the simplest it can get I think. Me and the others are all doing more difficult stuff. Like, I'm a trapeze artist, Tyler trains the animals, Brennan performs with them and Daniel eats the fire, and the sword. Not literally of course, well, technically, but he's alive and fine, so we don't need to worry about what he does."

"Oh, come on! I know I'm very incapable of doing anything other than one simple "trick", but can't y'all just gimme a chance? I wanna be able to perform with you guys! Not just one thing and then bam! I'm done and gotta wait it all out. I didn't leave my asshole of a step dad for here only to be left out of everything!"

"Patience Lyss-"

"Lyss? Whatever, never mind, go on,"

"Anyway, as I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted by you, you need to be patient, we can't just throw you out there with zero skill on a tightrope! You'll die! And people will leave bad reviews! And the circus will be disbanded! Then everyone'll need to go home! So, as I was saying, you need to wait, we need to train you before your first act, otherwise, everything's going to fail and our lives will end, alright?"

"Uh huh, yep, yeah,  whatever you say, whatever you say Lily."

As the sun set, and Alyssa was just about to drift off to sleep, she thought about her new life, her new home. It would be hard at first, but she knew that any and everything, was better than living with Gabe, and she was very glad to have escaped and with somewhere to go afterwards too.