No More Lily

The first thing Daniel noticed when he woke up in the morning was that the TV was on and he had little bits of half eaten popcorn all over him. The second thing he noticed was that Lily was gone. He assumed that she had just left the main compartment to get some breakfast. He stood up and checked the time. 9:23. His eyes widened as he stared at the watch. The five had slept in! He kicked Brennan until he stirred awake and quickly snarfed down a slice of bread and ran out, not bothering to wake the others knowing Brennan wouldn't pass a chance to make others suffer.

"Shit! I just lost an hour of training! Hey Lily! Why didn't you wake us up?! What the hell is wron-"

As he dashed into their training tent, shouting, he whipped his head around, looking for his friend. She wasn't there.

Daniel eye-rolled and ignored it, assuming that she was just at another tent talking to another group. He grabbed a wire coat hanger and stretched it out, carefully shaping it into the outline of a sword. He rushed onto a platform, he straightened out his clothes, about to pop the make-shift sword into his mouth and choke, remembering that he hadn't even changed yet.

"Fuck! Argh! I need to go all the way back!"

Daniel sprinted out of the tent again and ran back to their trailer, coming face to face with all his friends jumping and running around, hyper off of soda, yelling at the top of their lungs.

"Hey, assholes! It is early in the morning, and we just missed so much time for training! Also, where's Lily? She wasn't in our training tent, and she didn't even wake me up! And why is everyone screeching?" he glared at them all.

Tyler stared at him, "You're the one screeching," he muttered bitterly under his breath.

Daniel's head snapped towards him, "What did you say?"

"Nothin'."

Daniel sighed, "Sorry, I am just really fricking stressed right now. I ate one slice of bread for breakfast, and also, where the hell is Lily? I have not seen her this entire morning."

"She could be on a brea-" Daniel interjected before Alyssa could finish.

"Nope. Her breaks are usually only 5 minutes, and it's been 15. So we have two choices right now, give up training time-except for you Lyss, keep going- to look for Lily and drag her back before we arrive in town this evening, or keep training, and pray she'll turn up on her own."

"I say we keep training!" pipes up Brennan.

Tyler nods as well, and Alyssa just hand-palms, knowing that either way, she'll have to stay and keep training, no matter how much she wanted to search for her friend.

Daniel throws a popcorn bag at Brennan.

"Too bad! We're searching!"

"Why the fuck would you ask if you had already decided anyway?" Tyler groaned.

Brennan had ran all the way across to the other side of the trail to the farthest trailer, bursted in, took one glance and was promptly kicked out. This is his way of searching for his friends, uninvited.

Daniel searched everyone's training tents, as well as the dining one, crawling all over and staring closely into every corner until deciding that Lily wasn't there.

Tyler took Alyssa's spot and trained instead of searching, while she snuck into all the "restricted" areas, including the show one, which was supposed to be closed until the actual acts in the evening.

Alyssa grimaced and sucked in breath between her teeth.

"Okay, I'm just going to assume that there is not supposed to be dried blood on Lily's hair clip here. Why is her hair clip here anyway?"

She called the others over.

Tyler shrugged, "Well she does sometimes sneak into the show tent, she only does to actually try the trapeze up there, which is a little too high for her, I think."

"Nope, not today. Life is not some murder mystery. Let's just go back to training, and hope she'll come back by this evening." Brennan turned and waltzed out.