Paranormal Shit

"W-what is this?" Lily choked out.

The body on the floor was covered in blood and it's limbs were splayed out in all different directions, and they looked as if they'd been crushed. The person was wearing a bloodstained and ripped tightrope uniform. Bruises were all over it, legs, arms, stomach. The image was horrific.

"Well, that was traumatizing." Daniel said, staring at the TV screen. The others(except Lily) stared at him, unamused.

"Wimp." They said simultaneously.

The five were in their tent and they had decided to take a break for an hour and Daniel had suggested that they play a horror game, and immediately regretting his decision. They had settled on the game, "Night at a Ghost Resort", which Alyssa had joked that it should've been a movie name instead. Lily and Daniel were both terrified by the game, Alyssa thought it was boring, and Brennan and Tyler rated it a 3/5.

"I don't get it, what's so good about that game?! It has no plot! No story! We're just running and killing smiling dark pervs that follow you everywhere! It ain't even that creepy! It's fucking bullshit!"

Tyler replied, "We're just doing it so Daniel doesn't think he's shit at picking group stuff."

"Sounds about right." Lily nodded.

Daniel glared at them, unable to think of a comeback for their cold remarks, even if they were right.

Alyssa laughed and thought, "Life ain't that bad anymore, I got friends and a home, even if we're constantly on the road. I'll earn my keep here. But damn, being in a circus is hella hard!"

She stood up and left the main compartment to get a drink. She brought the cup of lemonade back to the "living room" compartment and set it down on a nearby side table and flopped down on her bean bag again to continue playing the game. She spammed the buttons hard while reaching for a sip. She couldn't feel it. Alyssa glanced at the cup, which was sitting still. Alyssa looked back at her game, but at the corner of her eye, she could've sworn she saw a grinning shadow, exactly like the phantoms in "Night at a Ghost Resort". 

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?" She shouted, jumping back and hitting the cup off the table.

The others looked over at her, confused looks on their faces.

Tyler remarked, "She's gone crazy."

Lily grabbed his arm and hit it, Daniel kicked him.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?! Shitty assholes."

"Ha ha. It was nothing. Nothing. I just thought I saw something." Alyssa choked out a chuckle.

The others nodded and went back to playing,  this time choosing another game, one a lot less terrifying.

Alyssa sighed and relaxed on her bean bag, choosing to sleep instead of staying up for the rest of the night. While the others were mashing their controllers, she was sleeping soundly. No way in hell would anyone have noticed how everything outside and around them was suddenly silent and dark. No one would've noticed the grinning shadows outside, watching them.