Untrustable

Lauren

I awoke with a huge headache. I sat up and groaned before the previous nights events flooded through my brain. I darted my eyes around the room until they came to a stop on a certain silvery glint on my bedside table.

It was the watch I had found in the secret compartment in the shelf. I hadn't seen the woman that walked into, well through my door yet so I took it as an opportunity to shoot up and dart out of the room, the watch clutched in my hand.

" morning Lau-" I cut Ally off as I came to a sliding stop in the kitchen. She was seated on the island as she watched Ally make breakfast. " do you see her?" I whisper to Ally. She turned and looked around. " you know I can hear you, I'm a ghost. I'm not deaf." The woman said, her eyes now on me. " who are you talking about?" Ally giggled an turned back to the stove. " who are you? How'd you get in here?" I said louder which made Ally turn again. The woman hopped off the counter and walked to me, " the name is Yn Smith. I live here." She stuck out her hand for me to grab but I was frozen in shock.

" Lauren? Are you okay? Did you hit your head while sleeping?" Ally questioned but I just shook my head. " I'm okay Als. I'm just...gonna head to my room to dress." I bolted upstairs and slammed my door but when I turned she stood there, smiling down at me.

I took in her appearance, she had on some grey and black checkered trousers with a white button up tucked into it. A grey dress jacket hung from her shoulders and her short-ish brown hair was combed back neatly. She had a glowing smile and electric blue eyes, her skin was a tan coloured.

  " Who are you?" I asked again to which her smile fell. She groaned and turned around mumbling something before turning back. " I told you, my name is Yn Smith and I live here." I shook my head. " I live here." I retaliate. She nodded, " I know. I saw." She motioned to my stuff standing around.

" I'm a ghost. I died and now I'm here, all ghosty and shit." She rolled her wrist as did her eyes. She gestured for me to sit down.

" so, I lived here in the 1900s, before I died. It was me and my girlfriend, we lived here for about 2 years before we died. We died in a car accident, I got sent back to earth and she didn't. Understand?" She bent down and looked me in my eyes. I nodded, shocked at her revelation. " You're not a ghost. They aren't real." I said as she groaned. " here, shake my hand." She pushed her hand out in front of her. I went to grab it only for my hand to faze right through hers. I started freaking out. " hollllyyyyyy shit. I can't believe it's- no way-" she cut me off by starting again, " I need you to put the watch back and get a new house." Was her words.

I shook my head in disbelief, " what, no. We can't just leave. We have to stay here." I said looking at the watch. " that watch is meant for my soulmate to find and carry around with her, not you. So please, just put it back." She reached for the watch but I closed my hand and pulled away. " No, I can help you. Please let me help you, this is too cool." I begged as I looked up at her. She stood in silence for a second before nodding her head. " okay but how are you gonna do that?"

I thought for a second before grabbing my laptop from the table and opening it. " let's do some research." I patted the spot next to me.

We googled everything, according to some guy, the way to know if you've found your soulmate is to feel the energy radiate off of them. You'd instantly know they were the one. So we began there.

" I think we should just go around the town untill you feel like you've found someone." I suggested to which she smiled and nodded. We walked around the town looking at everyone but no one stood out to Yn, it was getting late and the girls were blowing up my phone. " let's start heading back." Yn suggested with a small smile but I could see the hidden hopelessness in her eyes. My chest tightened as I looked up at her eyes, feeling sorry for her.

We started walking back when I heard someone calling from behind us. " excuse me miss! Miss, with the dark hair!" I turned to see a guy, he was about Yn's height, fair skin and a big bushy moustache. He bent a little and examined the watch in my hands. " where'd you find that marvellous watch?!" He exclaimed. Yn shook her head as she examine the guy, " don't let him touch it. If it gets too far from you you won't be able to see me anymore." She said just he reached for it. I pulled my hand back and clutched onto the watch, not wanting to let it go. " It was my grandfather's. He gave it to me just before he passed." I lied swiftly as I straightened my back. He raised an eyebrow but nodded. " I would love to buy i-" I cut him off. " not for sale, sorry." I turned and left him there as I sped walked back to the house.

Yn followed behind as we entered, " where we're you all day long?!" Ally scolded as I walked into the living room, watch in my pocket. " I went exploring." Was my answer as I headed up the stairs and into my bedroom where I took my jacket off and threw it into the washing. Yn walked through my closed door and gave me a soft smile while looking at my laptop.

" don't worry. It won't take a day to find the girl I've been looking for for 9 years." She said sitting in the chair I had near my bed. I nodded and groaned, lying back.

I soon fell asleep without realizing it, Yn replaying on my mind as I got pulled into a deep slumber.

------------------------------------------------------

Jhoo, so Ally and them will find Yn in the next one. Keep y'all's jeans buttoned cuz it's gone get sped up.

~S