screams

Lauren

I woke up the same as the day before, only this time I saw sleeping Yn in the chair. Who knew ghosts could sleep. I smiled as I looked at her but noticed she looked at little faint, transparent even. I turned to search for the watch, remembering what she said the day before but I couldn't find it. Just then I remembered leaving it in the pocket of the jacket I wore, I turned to look at my laundry basket but it wasn't there. Seconds late I heard my door open and Ally speaking, " hey Lauren, I found this fancy watch in your pocket, didn't kno-" her face went pale and her words died down as soon as she sat the now half awake Yn in my chair.

" Lauren there's-" I cut her off by jumping up and gabbing the watch making Yn's appearance get clearer. Ally let out a scream which made the girls all rush into the room only to find me and Ally standing there, looking at my chair.

" I'm sorry, I didn't know she was gonna do the laundry today." I apologized to Yn as she put up her hand. " it's okay Lauren. Hi I'm Yn smit, you're Ally, right?" She smiled at Ally. Ally nodded, seemingly calmed. " if I knew Lauren had brought over a friend I would have cleaned a bit. " Ally smiled until Dinah spoke up. " what friend?"

Ally turned around slowly and then back to Yn, motioning to her. I looked at Yn who motioned for me to give them the watch.

" here, take a look and pass it on." They did as told, now all of them stood there looking like a deer in headlights. " how, how-" Camila stuttered but Yn cut her off. " I'm Yn smit. I've lived in this house for over 10 years. I'm a ghost." She offered her hand to them. Dinah was the only one brave enough to try but her hand, just like mine, fazed right through making the girls all scream and run around.

* time skip*

We got the girls to calm down. We told them what they had to know, they were sceptical at first but got used to her. Turns out only one touch to the watch and you're able to see Yn, good thing that guy didn't get ahold of it. They were still bombarding Yn with questions when we heard a knock at the door. I put the watch in my back pocket and went to open the door to see the guy from yesterday.

"Ah miss! There you are! I'd like you to sell me that watch. I've got the whole collection of the same ones and that's the only one I need." Yn stood behind me as the guy opened the little box there were three slots for watches, two already contained one. It was a golden one almost exactly the same as mine and then there was a rose gold one, the middle slot was empty. I shook my head as I heard Yn mutter out in shock. " sorry, it's a family heirloom. I can't sell it." I closed the door before he could answer.

" Shit." Was the first thing Yn said. I looked at her confused, " Lauren, we need to find out where that guy lives and steal those watches. They might help with getting me to my land." Yn was now almost touching me, even though she'd faze right through but for some reason I felt the warmth coming from her hands that rested only centimeters from my shoulders. I could feel her breath hitting my face.

I gave her a determined nod and crept out only to see the guy rounding a corner with a much shorter guy waddling behind him. We followed them until they stopped at what looked like an abandoned house, they walked in and shut the door. "Okay, I got a plan. You go back to the girls and tell them what we're gonna do while I go in and map out the house, try to find the watches." Before I could protest Yn was already on her way through the wall of the side of the building.

I ran back to the house to inform the girls about our plan. It's been about half an hour when I saw Yn walk in though the side. " they've got the watches in some room set up with pictures of my watch everywhere. It seems like the watch holds some sort of power." She explained.

We made a plan to sneak in and grab the watches and sneak right out again. Got ready and now all six of us stood in front of the house in all black. Ally and Camila would be lookout, they'd stay by the door and alert us if they arrive back home while me, Dinah and Mani go in and follow Yn to where the watches are. we'd grab them and bolt. We saw the guy and his little friend go out and walk off so we know we're alone.

Yn lockpicked the door with her power and opened it for us to come in. Ally and cam took their spots by the door while we follow Yn up the stairs and into a room. In the middle of the room sat the two watches in a glass case, the walls and floors of the room we're littered with pictures of my watch along with random words scribbled around. I was in the middle of the room with Mani while Dinah was off to the side. Yn stood examining the pictures.

"Well well, I knew it was the right one when I saw it." I felt a pair of hands grab me and sit me in a chair before tying me up. To the side I could already see Mani in the same position with Ally and Camila in tow. My head snapped up to the guy to see him smirk, an unrecognizable glint in his eyes. I peeked to where Dinah was to find her hiding behind the large dressers.

"Now where is it?" He growled and walked towards me. " I left it at home." I lied now feeling pissed. Yn was nowhere to be seen. " not true otherwise I wouldn't have been able to-" he cit himself off by walking out the door, his minion following. I grabbed the watch with struggle and chucked it at Dinah who caught it and hid it in her pocket before hiding again. "-capture this beastly woman." He rolled in a pink tinted glass box with yn inside, banging on the walls of it. She was looking around frantically. I felt my heart clench at the sight, " Yn!" I yelled which made her look at me.

Her eyes turned sad and ghostly tears started streaming down her face. " Lauren, are you okay?" She asked, her voice gentle. I nodded as the guy started patting up down but came up empty handed. " agh! Where is it? Did you hide it?!" He yelled while turning to Yn who was stood on her knees with her hands pressed onto the glass while looking at me. " Lauren! Lauren, there's something I need to tell you! " she yelled as he walked around looking for it. I couldn't listen as I watched him inch closer to Dinah, " Lauren when he caught me he went on a ramble and talked about how I'd only get my promised lands when I find my soulmate and I realized something-" I looked back at her nodding for her to continue as he came to a stop at the dresser. " I realized that the promised land isn't a place where I could live, it's a person. My promised land is-" she got cut off by Dinah screaming while the guy dragged her over and patted her down. His fingers wrapped around the watch as his smile grew impossibly large.

" No..." Yn whispered as she watched him carefully place the watch into the final slot in the box. They started letting go a light blue energy which swirled in the direction of the glass case. The energy grew bigger and stronger as Yn yelled.

My eyes darted back to Yn just in time to see her figure flicker like a dim light. " Lauren, you're my promised land." Was the last thing she got out before her figure quickly vanished into thin air.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Hope y'all enjoyed. It's coming to an easy end, this one. As short stories should.

~S