Back

Lauren

My heart felt like it stopped in that exact moment as I felt Dinah untying me and the girls. The guy was laughing while the now darker blue swirled around him. I couldn't take it, I finally realize why Yn let me help her and why I felt so connected to everything.

I got up as the girls were being untied and turned to the guy. I ran and jumped on him hitting him wherever I could. He tried getting me off and eventually he succeeded and stood near the back of the room while looking at me. I glanced at the three watches loosely gripped in his hand and made a rash decision. I got up and rammed into him once again, grabbing the watch box as he went flying backwards and out of the window. Glass shards falling everywhere but all I could think about was the watch I now grabbed. The little guy was now calling and screaming his boss's name as he slowly disappeared into little green flocks, still, I didn't care.

She was gone because we couldn't be careful. I sobbed as the girls all kneeled around me trying to comfort me but I just continued trying while looking down.

I felt my tears run down my cheek, one of which landed on the watch. I wiped at it and held Yn's watch close to my heart, " Lauren! Look!" Dinah yelled as I opened my eyes to see the blue that once took Yn start to leak out of the watch and back onto the ground in a spot in front of us.

Slowly the energy evaporated and left Yn standing there with her hand clutched over her heart. Her skin didn't look transparent anymore and I could actually see life in them. I slowly got up and made a rash decision, before the girls could stop me I had begun sprinting towards Yn and threw myself at her bracing my face from the impact of the floor. It never came. Instead I felt my cheek land on a soft shoulder pad while strong arms wrap around my body to keep me steady. I blinked in disbelief as I looked Yn in the face, my palm resting on her cheek.

" You're real." I whispered as I felt my heart dance around in joy. She smiled and pointed to my chest, where my heart sat. " I'm in the promised Land." Instantly I smashed my lips to her, a smile taking over as we bloomed together. She smiled at me once we pulled apart and bent down to pick up the two other pocket watches. She looked down at them and closed her eyes muttering a thank you.

I looked at the watch in my hand, afraid that if I let it go Yn would disappear again but as I looked on to Yn again I saw hr hand open, I reluctantly placed the watch into her hands, watching as she put them all in the pocket of her outfit and held her hand out to me. I took it.

"Off to our new promised lands we go, my love." Smile smiled as we made our way out of the house. Not looking back even once.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Well, who tf knew. I actually like short stories more than my actual books. Lemme know if y'all want another one.

~S