Chapter 27

He held a really small child in his hands. It was so small and soft that he feared he might actually break that precious thing in his arms.

And the next thing he knew was that the child was no longer there. His happiness vanished and he felt numb. His mind was not working properly at the sudden outbreak of emotions and chaos. He had lost it and he regretted not being able to stop it from happening.

His wife was not there anymore with him. He was so devastated that he couldn't even check up on the other kids of his. Then his mind went blank. Why was he like this? No. Why did this happen? Where could he find... what did he want to find? What was the precious thing that he once held?

He was told something really strange today. They found his youngest child. When did he have one? And why was his mind blank when he tried to remember? It was as if... as if something was blocking his sight. His memories.

He saw a little thing today. Its face was blurry and it had tried to bully a boy. He felt angry which made no sense. He shouted and asked the knights to take that little thing to the dungeon. He had no reason to. It was as if he had no control over his body or mouth. He felt uncomfortable and sad for some reason.

He looked at the boy who he took in. He didn't feel anything but his mind screamed at him to love and care for this boy while throwing away that little thing. He didn't want this. But he had no control.

He walked to the dungeon. He saw the little thing shivering, crying, and buried in bursies. His heart shattered. He didn't know why. But his body was frozen. He couldn't move. All he could do was stand and watch. He hated that feeling of helplessness.

He remembered the day he was told of someone being sick. He was curious and worried but he couldn't move. His heart screamed at him to run but his body and mouth didn't comply. He was a puppet and he felt exactly like one. It felt terrifying.

But one day, he saw that little thing again. Its actions were infuriating and outrageous but more surprising. It was as if it wasn't what it was supposed to be like.

And he felt relieved. He felt light as if everything keeping him down was lifted. His mind was clear and no longer clouded. Then he saw. He saw it. 

No. He saw him. His face was no longer blurry. It was shining. There he was.

His youngest son.

Keira De Leon.

"Papa, where are you lost in thought?"

"Hm? Ah, nowhere. What were you saying?"

"Well, can I go and raid Marquis Terenka's house? He's causing trouble as of late and I can even do the people a favor by killing- Ahem- I mean casting him off."

*Sigh* "Can I even stop you anymore?"

*Grinning widely* "Nope, old man! Bye!!"

*Sighing but smiling anyway* "This boy is getting out of hand. Can he get a lazy life at this rate?"

That was his son.

Keira De Leon.

_____________________________________________________________________

I swear to God my writing skills are way bad. And yeah, not me trying to update when my exam is still ongoing. (Ik the chapter is short. No need to remind me.)

And like, my GF is reading my story and I feel nervous a bit as well.

Also, would you like to see some one-shots(kind of only story parts)? If so, do you want those one-shots to be at the end of every chapter here, or just write them separately?

Let's start with one right here.

'Why...?'

'Why did I do so wrong?'

'Why was I abandoned?'

"Heh! Isn't that the guy who was abandoned by his parents?"

"Lol, I can't even stop snickering. Just imagine how much of a waste of space he is."

"I heard that he was thrown into the trash by his parents."

"Though he was picked up by the (...) couple, he was still ungrateful."

"He even bullied the original son and then he was again kicked out! Lol!"

"Oh, my!"

"He must be bad luck..."

"Let's stay away from him."

"Today is the worst day of my life since I had to see his disgusting face!!"

'Stop... It's not like that...'

'I-I'm not bad... It's all wrong... They're all wrong...'

'Why...? Why won't anyone believe me?'

'Why?'

"After everything you did, you're still here and want us to hear you. I didn't know you were this shameless."

"You couldn't be more shameless. It's even a sin for you to think that you can still talk to us."

"There must be a reason why you did all of those things, right? You couldn't possibly do those things just like this..."

"Come on, mom. No need to make excuses for him. He's not worth it."

"He was NEVER worth it."

'Wrong... They're all wrong...'

'But I can't really deal with it anymore...'

'It's exhausting... I'm really tired...'

'I don't want to... not anymore...'

'FUCK IT! I'M DONE WITH EVERYONE! WHO CARES?! I DON'T FUCKING CARE ANYMORE!!'