25

Amina Walton

2 weeks later

"Kenzo. What day is it?" I mumbled out and he groaned out and shrugged as I moved around under the covers.

He loudly groaned out and glanced at the clock, "the 20th-"

"Of what." I quickly exclaimed and he closed his eyes. "Novembe-"

I sat up and removed the covers off my body and quickly stood up. "Kenzo I'm going to kill you! My period has been late for a week! Oh no-"

"Calm down." He reassured me and I twisted my face. "Calm down? I could have a baby inside of me!" I panicked and he stood up and looked outside to see the snow still pretty heavy.

I watched as he rushed into his walk in closet and came out with jeans on and a north face puffer as he held onto his converses.

"Where are you going?" I asked. "Out to get your plan B that you want so bad." He muttered.

"Kenzo don't be stupid-"

"Your worried about being pregnant so I'm going to get your plan B. End of discussion." He spat making me furrow my eyebrows.

"What's the ma-"

"Nothing is wrong. I'll be back." He spat making me cross my arms over my chest. "Kenzo n-"

"Enough Amina." He raised his voice making me furrow my eyebrows as he ran his hand through his growing hair.

"Kenzo your upset talk to me." I pleaded and he shook his head, "I'm not upset-"

"Then why are you acting this way?" I exclaimed and he sighed. "I was annoyed that all these past days you kept asking for plan b and how you hate me off my mistake. I took fault for it and then you wake me up all hysterical about how your period is late. I am sorry and I'm going to go get your plan b." He finally confessed making me grab his hand.

"I'm sorry it's just I'm afraid to be a mother. Especially this early. I-I-" I stammered but he gently smashed his lips onto mine, instantly shutting me up.

His hand deeply fell to the back of my head as he the kiss was so deep and soft. He slowly pulled away and cupped my cheeks.

"I know babe. I'll be back." He whispered but I shook my head. "Please don't. You see how ugly it is out there. No stores might be open." I pleaded and he sighed before taking off his coat making me sigh as my heart rate slowed down.

I sat him down on the bed and I quickly moved to the middle of the bed so I can tell him something.

"I'm afraid of being a mother because- I never had one. I don't know what it's like to raise children. All my life I was raised in a orphanage and you know this! Where I was treated so horribly. I went through things no kid should ever experience. I was dehumanized and treated less than one and was also identified as a it." I croaked making him quickly grab my hands that were shaking.

"Cmere, I got you." He whispered and held me tightly as I sobbed in his chest that I've been holding in for the longest.

"Let it out baby." He softly said as he rubbed my back.

-

I balled my eyes out with Kenzo for hours. I guess I've been needing that cry for a long time.

"I made food." He whispered making me look away from the movie on the tv and focus on him too see him holding two bowls.

"It seems amazing. What is it?" I asked as I took the warm bowl. "Ribollita. Bean and bread porridge that my ma used to make on cold days like these." He softly said making me give a smile as he sat beside me.

I tasted it and groaned in amazement. "This is amazing." I softly said and he chuckled. "Glad you like it. One day I hope I can also make it for our children." He whispered making me look over at him to see his cheeks extremely red.

I nudged him as I smiled, "our children? You must really want children by me." I placed down the bowl on the nightstand and picked with my hands.

"Of course I do baby. You would be a perfect mother and not only that your so beautiful." He whispered.

"So you only want my children because I'm beautiful? Is that all?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Mama that's not it." He grabbed my hands and held them tightly, "I want children by you because you have the most purest soul ever. I can see right through your brown eyes that you would be the perfect wonderful mother ever. I can see it and I can feel it. Yes you are beautiful and I'm not afraid to admit that. Our children would look so fucking perfect with out genes. My Italian genes and your African American genes." He confessed making me smile.

"You think?" I whispered and he nodded and removed his hands from mine and placed them on my belly.

"If you do have a baby in here I want you to keep it. It's your body but I really want to be a papa. I'm committed to you and devoted." He softly said making me sick my teeth and smile.

"If I do I'm going to keep it Kenzo. I'm not strong enough for the aftermath." I whispered and he quickly kissed my lips making me lightly moan.

He slowly pulled away and rested his head on my lap making me gently run my finger tips along his hair that was growing.

He sighed heavily and looked up at me as if he was going to say something but he kept quiet. "What?" I softly asked and he shook his head making me pucker my lips.

"I love you." He murmured shyly making my heart skip a beat. "Say it louder!" I exclaimed and he chuckled out,  "I love you." He repeated but louder.

I kissed his lips, " I love you more baby." I squealed and he quickly sat up and tickled my sides making me kick my feet as I died in laughter.

X

Votes, comments, thoughts?