Chapter Four

FEEBEE

I watch as all of them run to the window. I hesitate slightly, before walking up to it. I see the Capitol shining. When the people come into view with all of their fancy wigs the boys step back slightly.

"Appear likeable." I hear from Peeta. Is this what he did? 

I immediately start waving and blowing kisses and catching them. The boys catch on. Though they don't blow any kisses.

I walk into my stylists room and am met with one exuberant bright orange woman . Her name is Octavia.. She explains that since there are so many of us they had to split up. I nod meekly.

I sit onto the bed and she puts me into my underwear - bra and knickers- and takes the little hair off of me that had been growing.

There wasn't a lot, but I had started Puberty, and it was there. She talks a lot, and seems so happy to be serving me. She comments on my beauty and tells me I'll be a hit with the men.

I snap at her and tell her I'm thirteen and if I touch a man I'll off myself.

She shuts up then, telling me she thought I was older than that, maybe fourteen, fifteen.

How is that any better?

She keeps me in my underwear telling me Cinna will be my stylist.

I recognise him when he comes in, with his signature gold eyeliner. He's a handsome man, and not as grotesque and affected as all the other people I've seen so far. He tells me to stand up and examines me.

He circles me and passes me a robe. Thank goodness. 

We sit down and he tells me about the food and presses a button for it. I could feed my family with this. I watch what he eats and only eat them, still being cautious. I'm putting on weight, but I should probably be eating more than this. Especially before the games.

I eat a full plate of pears and apples. I also eat some fried chicken. Beautiful.

He starts talking, "You're very pretty. I think we need to make you look your age, but sophisticated."

I nod while listening to him.

The dress was a high neck, the straps going around and being tied at the back of my neck, leaving my shoulders bare. It stopped just before my knees, and I was given black , two-inch heels.

The dress was black, and gave the illusion of being 3D. It was like it had been splattered in coal dust, yet better. There were hints of red, yellow and orange all around it, even when they weren't even there. I had a fiery band that wrapped under my breasts, and the skirt ruffled out below that, making me not boney. I was given a headband that had the same illusion. When I looked in the mirror, I looked absolutely stunning. I knew that I was at least going to catch one or two eyes.

I walked out next to Octavia, since Cinna went to help others. I meet everyone at the chariots. Two for us, two on each. I was matching Haldin, supposedly because I was closest in age to him. He looked like a big brother to me when standing next to me in an identical looking illusion, but in a suit.

Wade and Orion were matching too, in more of a fire way.

I find Peeta, Katniss and Haymitch in the crowds, and they all comment on them. Loving the outfits. I looked through the crowds and met eyes with Mox - the dark-skinned boy from District 11. He was about seventeen years old and he was making some sort of decision in his head before he nodded at me. I nod back.

I'm then hauled onto the chariot. My heels bring me to Haldin's shoulders, and we stand close to each other. Not holding hands, but close enough to show that we don't despise each other.

After forever, our chariots are thrown forward into the judging eyes of the Capitols eyes.

They all look at us and shine adoration at us. I look on the screens and we look like we're the dying embers of a coal fire.It looks absolutely gorgeous. We and everyone else are showered with roses. I throw kisses in everyone's direction and wave. It's a hit with the crowd.

I act young and carefree and almost everyone who looks at me oo's and ah's. I whisper instructions to Haldin on how to act, since he looks like he's a statue. He shoots a grateful look at me, and starts waving as well.

We finally circle around President Snow. I scan my fellow tributes too.

I need the district four people on my side, or at least liking me, and Mox it seems. I can do that. We're led out and I'm relieved when all the blazing eyes are gone. I hug Peeta when he offers and smile at his soft touch. He understands.

I let go and we're led out.

The training centre tomorrow. Since there are so many of us I'm guessing they've expanded it.