Chapter Five

I take a deep breath, I've been placed in a simple black top and black leggings.

As we fly down the crystal elevator, the people from District 4 get in. Their faces soften somewhat on my gaze. I'm definitely not doing that on purpose. Wink, wink.

We walk into the training centre and it's full of everything. I've been instructed to not show any of my skills, so I don't. I'm not sticking with the boys, as we've established that if we act as if we don't care for each other, it'll be better in the arena.

Aren't they the ones supposed to be full of ideas?

After we are given the run down of the rules, no fighting other tributes basically, we're let go. I look around, and go to the knot-tying station. Mox - the boy from District 11 - follows me and works on them as well. I'm not awful at knots, but I get a lot better at this station. I go to the plant exam thingy, and pass it with 100% accuracy. That makes Mox and Jax and Mason - the boys from District 4 - have raised eyebrows. Silly boys, I'm young, not stupid.

I then go to the fire starting station. I am met with the three boys who assumed I'm stupid, three minutes after I get to the station.

I can create a blaze pretty quickly, but I'm not the best at it. Mainly because my hands shake slightly. I master it after about an hour and go for lunch. My fellow district twelve tributes don't seem to be listening to our mentors' rules and are not creating possible allies. They're just huddled in the corner.

That's going to get them killed.

Don't jinx them!

I sit down and eat a full mini-loaf of bread and grapes. I don't get anything else for a while. I'm going to gorge myself in a few minutes, but this is going to catch attention.

3..

2..

1..

"You gonna eat?" I look up and see Mox, he sits next to me.

I nod softly and grab a load of food. I start stuffing myself, with manners of course. I could never betray Effie with not eating with simple table manners.

I'd also sat somewhere so that unless you're purposely looking for us, your eyes won't find us.

"Names Mox, you're Feebee right?" He asks politely, I nod in acknowledgement. I realise he has no bread, so as a truce I pass him some. He grins slightly and takes it. He starts to eat it and we sit in silence, however, I know I just made an alliance. A smart one at that.

I have better odds now.

I think at least. 

Hopefully. 

I beg