Chapter Six

At dinner I study the boys from my district.

I'm pretty sure everyone else can tell they've decided I'm not worth anything, except for Haymitch. A burning determination passes through me, I will make it. I will be a Victor. Then, I look around and know, there's no way that I will be able to win. Not against people two, three , four times my size. I sigh quietly, and know one thing, I'll have to try. That's all I can do. It's sad that that is all I can do.

I go to the training centre and walk to the knives.

I'm good with knives, maybe not amazing, but if it was between life and death and all I had was this, then I'm pretty sure I could live. I throw them.

The first strikes the upper shoulder. The second is the stomach. The third is the nose area.

I'm met with Maya - the girl from district 9 - and we talk for the entire day. Mox meets with us for lunch, and Jax and Mason sit near us. One thing for sure, I've knocked off four people wanting me dead.

That's good, but what is it against seventy?

I roll my eyes slightly at the thought of all the gruesome ends I could meet. I just hope it's quick, and as painless as possible.

I go back into the training centre and make my way to the fire station.

I'm amazing at creating fire now, and have been perfecting it by using damp sticks, anything really. I've also been figuring out how to not make it smoke so badly.

I see a green canister and there's a fire symbol on it. I check the label, and find that this is a concoction of fuel and oxygen and basically everything that creates a massive fire.

It's a chemical concoction that only the capitol could create and make work.

I put a drop near the fire and it makes it poof up slightly. I look around, and nobody seems to have their eyes on me.

I've just found a way to get sponsors.

I smile slightly. I walk up to electronics, I want to be an inventor when I grow up, and I know a lot about this.

An idea is in my head about how to play these games. Today Mox, Mason and Jax are working on their weapons abilities.

I get all the wires and make a net type texture. I get a piece of the force field that is in a box off to the side and look at what's in it. I get all the wires and objects needed and make a mini one. I repeated this for 10 minutes, I also added a slight magnetic field to it. When I've got 10 of these rock salt sized objects, I link them all up. Immediately, it's invisible. I grin, and wrap it around the green canister. Half of the canister disappeared. I'm going to win this shit.

When I get back to my room, I change into black cargo pants and a baggy top. I then decide to explore this place, I find a door and it leads to a staircase. I'm unsure on whether I am allowed up before I see the door has been propped open. I walk up the stairs and find the roof.

A garden covers one half and I see Haymitch, Katniss and Peeta. It's one way of getting privacy, I guess. I'm silent as a mouse as I creep close enough to hear what they are saying.

"Wade and Orion are showing a lot of potential, Haldin's a tough guy, good in a fight. If he sticks with them, he'll be just fine." Says Haymitch, not including me in his analysis.

"And Feebee?" Peeta asks, looking curious.

"She's not going to make it through the first half hour, No point." He answers, grumpily.

That spikes something in me, I grab a pipe and throw it with accuracy at Haymitch's upper arm. He lets out a groan and looks in my direction.

"Watch me fucking win."

I then storm down the stairs, feeling someone following me.

"Feebee!" Peeta's voice sounds down the stairs, I turn around, eyes blazing. "Don't listen to him, he's not worth it, yeah?"

I nod once and he nods back. I leave to go to my room. Guess he's only charismatic when it comes to Katniss.