CHAPTER SEVEN

Special Sauce

Isabelle put her new necklace on that she brought and walked into the living room to see Rio

"Not over the top at all." He chuckled and went up to her. "What is that? Is that... Is that emerald cut?"

Rio grabbed her by the back of the neck and put the gun under her necklace.

"Yes. Do you like it?" Isabelle smirked up at him.

"How much of my money did that set you back?" Rio asked.

"This isn't your money."

"Oh, see, but it is."

"What are you doing? I thought we were past this." Isabelle said.

"Me too... but you bitches just keep stealing from me." Rio said. "You think you can slip in fake cash with the real and I ain't gonna notice?"

"No, it's not possible. We have a system." Beth told him.

"No! Me too."

"Yeah, we know what is real and what is fake." Isabelle added.

"Oh, me too! And you tried to rip me off
100 G's?" Rio asked.

"What? No!"

"We would never do that!"

"Maybe it was one of the girls." Ruby said and they looked at her. "Maybe one of them didn't wash the money and just turned in her surveys and didn't go shopping."

"What girls?" Rio asked.

"We couldn't wash the cash fast enough, so we had to outsource." Beth said.

"You shared my business with other people?"

"None of them actually knows anything."

"They're just girls who think they're literally shopping." Annie added.

"Which one of your lady friends screwed me?" Rio asked getting impatient.

"How could we know?" Isabelle said.

"I'm gonna need a name."

"Why? What for?"

"To handle it." Rio replied.

"Listen, there could be any one of 30 people who-"

"And you're gonna give me a name. Or I'm just gonna pick one at the next PTA mixer."

***

At night, Isabelle met up with Rio.

"It's all there and it's all real. And it won't happen again." Isabelle gave him the bag.

"So, who was it?" Rio asked.

"You've got your money. Forget it."

"Yeah, I'm also gonna need a name."

"I took care of it." Isabelle told him.

"Come on. Just give me a name." Rio said.

"Izzy Garcia."

He chuckled and clicked his tongue. "Let me give you some advice, yeah. When you've got a rotten egg in the bunch... it stinks up the whole lot till you get rid of it."

"Like I told you, I'm handling it." Isabelle said and walked to her car. "And one more thing, don't ever point a gun at me again."