CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The Dubby

"Hmm. What's 50-50 mean to you?" Rio asked her.

"If all this is about the drop off, I'm going to do it in the morning." Isabelle told him.

"Fifty fifty means I'm paying you so damn much, I don't have to come track you down anymore. At your recitals and swim and the orthodontist and-"

"Why do we keep having the same conversation?"

"You tell me."

"Well, how about we stop." Isabelle said.

"See, the problem is our customers, they want their drop tonight. See, me and you, we're like FedEx now, right? They sleep, we deliver, cause if we don't, we're gonna hear about it." Rio said.

"Why don't you do it?" Isabelle asked.

"Sure."

"Great."

"I'll take the 100%." Rio said.

"What?"

"I'll do your job for you. You take all the personal days you want."

"I'll drop the car off tonight." Isabelle told.

"Cool. Thanks, partner."

***

Isabelle made the deliver but didn't expect what happened after. She didn't know that
it would lead to her little sister being took.

"We have to go over there, okay? Right now. They've got Sophie." Isabelle said.

"What are you talking about?" Rio asked.

"They took my sister."

"Who took your sister?"

"The guys with the drugs in the house. Your colleagues." Isabelle replied.

"Our colleagues." Rio corrected.

"Whatever."

"Why would they do that?" Rio asked.

"I don't know, okay. I pissed them off."

"You went in the house. What do you think this is? Huh? Some kind of hobby? Do you make a little extra cash selling Herbalife?"

"My little sister needed something in the car." Isabelle told him.

"Who cares?" He asked.

"I do. I'm an older sister."

"You're a drug dealer. You move pills and you wash cash. That's what you do. That's who you are. And if you mess up at that,
you go to jail or you die. Get your head straight. They didn't take your sister." Rio said to her.

"How do you know?" Isabelle asked.

"Ain't no money in that." He replied and got in his car.

Isabelle got home to find a package with her name on the front. She opened it to reveal Sophie's teddy bear that was left in the car.