Chapter 1 - Half-Life or Unlife?

*CRASH*

Joel wakes with a start and jumps out of bed. He looks out of his bedroom window and sees a car that looks like it just crashed into the lamp post across the street.

Joel quickly throws on a robe and runs outside to help. He is surprised that nobody else was coming out to help the person. As he reaches the car he tries to look through the window but it is covered in blood. The door won't budge either. He sprints into his garage to get his crowbar in the hopes of prying the door open. 

He reaches the car again and pries open the door. Immediately a bloodied head starts snapping at him. He takes a step back and assesses the situation. Even though it seems that the neck is snapped on this person, it still seems to be moving. The bloody mess tries to grab his foot so he kicks it off. It's leg seems to be stuck. 

The creature then rips it's own leg off as it tries to get him. It crawls toward him as the stump that was once it's leg bleeds out. Kicking doesn't stop this damned thing so, at full power, he smashes the crowbar into the head of the crawler.

As he pulls the crowbar out, some of the creature's brains come with it. He drops the crowbar and runs into his house, locking the door behind him. His mouths starts watering so he runs to the bathroom and he throws up. He makes it just in time.  After he flushes the toilet he attempts to call 911 but the line is dead.

"What the hell is going on?" He says to himself as he wipes the sweat from his brow. He goes to the living room and attempts to turn on the TV to the news channel. When he does, what he finds shocks him.